SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2022: The Staff Selection Commission has released the notification for SSC CGL 2022 on 17th September 2022. The commission has scheduled the SSC CGL Tier-I for December 2022 and the SSC CGL Tier 2 dates will be notified later. This year the Staff Selection Commission has released the new exam pattern and syllabus for SSC CGL 2022 Tier 2 and candidates must be looking for the same to prepare appropriately. It is very important to have a good knowledge of the syllabus and exam pattern before preparing for the exam.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2022
Staff Selection Commission has come up with many surprises with the release of the SSC CGL 2022 Notification. The major change this year is in the Selection Process of SSC CGL 2022. Earlier the SSC CGL 2022 was conducted in 4 stages or Tiers which is now revised and as per the revised exam pattern, the SSC CGL 2022 Exam will be conducted in two stages: Tier-1 and Tier-2. Other changes are done in the SSC CGL Tier II Exam Pattern 2022. The SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 1 Exam Pattern 2022 is now modified with the introduction of three subjects: Reasoning, Computer Knowledge and General Awareness.
Knowing the syllabus will help the candidates focus on important topics for the exam. Furthermore, it will prevent them from wasting time on unimportant topics. Candidates can check as well as download the SSC CGL Tier 2 syllabus PDF from this article. Read on to find out more. In this article, we are discussing the detailed SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus according to the latest notification published on the official website of SSC.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2022: Overview
Candidates must gather brief knowledge about the recruitment before starting with anything. Here, we are providing you with the detailed SSC CGL overview in tabular format.
|Name of Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Post||Group B and C officers under the Central Government|
|Date of notification||17th September 2022|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|SSC CGL Exam Date Tier I||December 2022|
|SSC CGL Exam Date Tier II||To Be Notified|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2022: Selection Process
SSC CGL 2022 Selection Process comprises two stages. The SSC CGL Exam is conducted in two stages: Tier 1 & Tier 2. The candidates must go through the detailed selection process below.
- Tier-I: Computer-Based Examination
- Tier-II: Computer-Based Examination
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2022: Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CGL 2022 notification on the official website. The notification has made so many changes in the exam pattern i.e. the exam will be conducted in 2 stages only i.e. Tier 1 and Tier 2. The candidates must go through the detailed SSC CGL Tier 2 syllabus mentioned below.
- Paper I (Compulsory for all posts),
- Paper II for candidates who apply for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and
- Paper III for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I
Module-I of Session-I of Paper-I (Mathematical Abilities)
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height, and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2θ + cos2θ=1, etc
- Statistics and probability: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart; Measures of central tendency: mean, median, mode, standard deviation; calculation of simple probabilities
Module-II of Section-I of Paper-I (Reasoning and General Intelligence)
General Intelligence and Reasoning will include verbal and non-verbal types. The topics which are included are as follows:
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic operations
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy
- Space Orientation and Semantic Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Drawing inferences
- Figural Classification
- Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding
- Semantic Series
- Figural Patternfolding and completion
- Number Series
- Embedded figures
- Figural Series
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Word Building
- Social Intelligence
- Coding and de-coding
- Numerical operations
Module-I of Section-II of Paper-I (English Language And Comprehension):
- Spot the error
- Fill in the blanks
- Spelling/ detecting misspelled words
- Idioms & phrases
- One word substitution
- Improvement of sentences
- Active/ passive voice of verbs
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of sentence parts
- Shuffling of sentences in a passage
- Cloze passage
- Comprehension passage
To test comprehension, three or more paragraphs will be given and questions based on those will be asked. At least one paragraph should be a simple one based on a book or a story and the other two paragraphs should be on current affairs, based on a report or an editorial.
Module-II of Section-II of Paper-I (General Awareness)
- India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research
- Current Affairs
- Books and Authors
- Important Schemes
- Important Days
- People in News
Module-I of Section-III of Paper-I (Computer Proficiency)
Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), input/ output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back- up devices, PORTs, Windows Explorer. Keyboard shortcuts.
Software: Windows Operating system including basics of Microsoft Office like MS word, MS Excel and PowerPoint, etc.
Working with Internet and e-mails: Web Browsing & Searching, Downloading & Uploading, Managing an E-mail Account, e-Banking
Basics of networking and cyber security: Networking devices and protocols, Network and information security threats (like hacking, virus, worms, Trojan, etc.), and preventive measures.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2022: Paper 2 Statistics
1. Collection, Classification, and Presentation of Statistical Data – Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.
2. Measures of Central Tendency – Common measures of central tendency – mean median and mode; Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles.
3. Measures of Dispersion- Common measures of dispersion – range, quartile deviations, mean deviation, and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.
4. Moments, Skewness, and Kurtosis – Different types of moments and their relationship; the meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different measures of skewness and kurtosis.
5. Correlation and Regression – Scatter diagram; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines; Spearman‟s rank correlation; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlations (For three variables only).
6. Probability Theory – Meaning of probability; Different definitions of probability; Conditional probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes‟ theorem.
7. Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability functions; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial, Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variables (discrete).
8. Sampling Theory – Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and nonprobability sampling techniques(simple random sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling, convenience sampling, and quota sampling); Sampling distribution(statement only); Sample size decisions.
9. Statistical Inference – Point estimation and interval estimation, properties of a good estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method), Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample, and large sample tests, Tests based on Z, Chit-square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.
10. Analysis of Variance – Analysis of one-way classified data and two-way classified data.
11. Time Series Analysis – Components of time series, Determination of trend component by different methods, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods.
12. Index Numbers – Meaning of Index Numbers, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of an index number, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2022: Paper 4 of General Studies, Finance, and Economics
Part A: Finance and Accounts-(80 marks):
Fundamental principles and basic concept of Accounting:
1.1 Financial Accounting: Nature and scope, Limitations of Financial Accounting, Basic concepts and Conventions, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
1.2 Basic concepts of accounting: Single and double entry, Books of original Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Journal, Ledgers, Trial Balance, Rectification of Errors, Manufacturing, Trading, Profit & Loss Appropriation Accounts, Balance Sheet Distinction between Capital and Revenue Expenditure, Depreciation Accounting, Valuation of Inventories, Non-profit organizations Accounts, Receipts and Payments, and Income & Expenditure Accounts, Bills of Exchange, Self Balancing Ledgers.
Part B: Economics and Governance-(120 marks):
2.1 Comptroller & Auditor General of India- Constitutional provisions, Role, and responsibility.
2.2 Finance Commission-Role and functions.
2.3 Basic Concept of Economics and introduction to Micro Economics: Definition, scope, and nature of Economics, Methods of economic study and Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.
2.4 Theory of Demand and Supply: Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand, Price, income and cross elasticity; Theory of consumers behavior Marshallian approach and Indifference curve approach, Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of Supply.
2.5 Theory of Production and cost: Meaning and Factors of production, Laws of production- Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale.
2.6 Forms of Market and price determination in different markets: Various forms of markets-Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition, and Oligopoly ad Price determination in these markets.
2.7 Indian Economy:
2.7.1 Nature of the Indian Economy Role of different sectors Role of Agriculture, Industry, and Services-their problems and growth.
2.7.2 National Income of India-Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income.
2.7.3 Population-Its size, rate of growth, and its implication on economic growth.
2.7.4 Poverty and unemployment- Absolute and relative poverty, types, causes, and incidence of unemployment.
2.7.5 Infrastructure-Energy, Transportation, Communication.
2.8 Economic Reforms in India: Economic reforms since 1991; Liberalization, Privatization, Globalization, and Disinvestment.
2.9 Money and Banking:
2.9.1 Monetary/ Fiscal policy- Role and functions of Reserve Bank of India; functions of commercial Banks/RRB/Payment Banks.
2.9.2 Budget and Fiscal deficits and Balance of payments.
2.9.3 Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act, 2003.
2.10 Role of Information Technology in Governance.
Note: Questions in Module-I of Section- I of Mathematical Abilities will be of Matriculation Level, in Module-I of Section- II of English Language and Comprehension of 10+2 Level, and in Paper-II and Paper-III of Graduation Level.
SSC CGL Tier-1 and SSC CGL Tier-2 exams are mandatory for all posts mentioned in the SSC CGL Notification while Tier-3 and Tier 4 are now canceled.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2022: FAQs
Q. Is there a negative marking in SSC CGL TIER-II?
Ans: Yes, there is a negative marking of 1 marks (Paper 1 except Module 2 of Section 3) and 0.50 marks for paper 2 & 3 of SSC CGL Tier II.
Q. What is the mode of the SSC CGL Tier-2 exam?
Ans: Tier 2 will be Online i.e. Computer Based Test.
Q. What are the subjects for the SSC CGL tier 2 exam?
Ans. Questions will be asked in the SSC CGL tier 2 exam from Quantitative Ability, English Language, Computer Proficiency and Comprehension, Reasoning and General Intelligence Statistics and General Studies (Finance and Economics)
Q. How can I Download SSC CGL Syllabus 2022 PDF?
Ans. SSC CGL Syllabus 2022 PDF download link is given in the article, candidates can download the SSC CGL syllabus pdf by clicking on this link.
You may also like to read this:
- SSC CGL Tier-II Cut-Off Comparison With Last Year: Check Now
- SSC CGL Salary 2022, Check Post-Wise In Hand Salary, Pay Scale & Allowances