RRB Group D Exam Pattern
The railway is providing a great opportunity for all the young aspirants to work as an employee in railways with a total of 1,03,769 vacancies Group D posts. There are various level 1 posts that are included in this recruitment drive such as Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant in various technical departments (Electrical, Mechanical and S&T departments), Assistant Pointsman etc. Candidates with a minimum qualification of class 10th will appear for the RRB Group D exam. You must know the RRB Group D exam pattern for a thorough study.
|Exam||RRB Group D|
|Pay Level||Level 1|
|Duration of CBT||90 minutes|
|RRB Group D Exam Date||Tentatively April 2021 to June 2021|
|RRB Group D Admit card||To be announced|
RRC Group-D Selection Procedure
The recruitment process of RRC Group D 2019 will involve the following stages of examination:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification/Medical Examination.
- English is the default language.
- In case the candidate wants to choose any other language, then the same can be selected from the list of languages. The languages listed are Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Manipuri, Marathi, Telugu and Urdu.
- In case of any difference/ discrepancy/dispute in the Questions between English and the opted language, the content of English version shall prevail.
RRC Group-D Exam Pattern (Computer Based Test)
All Candidates will have to undergo a computer-based test with multiple choice questions for RRC Group-D Exam 2019, the examination duration and number of questions for CBT of which are indicated below:
|Subjects||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||General Science||25||25||90 Minutes|
|3||General Intelligence & Reasoning||30||30|
|4||General Awareness On Current Affairs||20||20|
- The exam duration for PWD candidates is 120 Minutes.
- Negative marking of 1/3 is there.
- Normalization of marks will be done
Minimum Qualifying Marks
RRBs have also prescribed the minimum qualifying marks for CBT. The category-wise qualifying marks are given below –
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||30%|
RRC Group-D PET (Physical Efficiency Test)
- Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates shall be called for PET Three times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs/RRCs.
- Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature.
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities(PwBD) are exempted from appearing for PET.
The criterion for PET for Railway group D is as under:
|Male candidates||Female candidates|
RRC Group-D 2019 Document Verification (DV) and Medical Examination
- Based on the performance of candidates in CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, candidates twice the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification as per their merit and options.
- All candidates successful in DV are sent for Medical Examination.