RPSC FSO Syllabus 2023
RPSC FSO Syllabus 2023: The syllabus is the most important thing about which the candidate must be aware while preparing for the exam. Rajasthan Public Service Commission is going to fill 200 posts of food safety officers therefore candidates who wanted to crack the exam must begin their preparation after getting a detailed knowledge of the RPSC FSO Syllabus 2023. Only after going through the syllabus, candidates will get to know the topics which are required to be studied for the exam. RPSC FSO Exam Date 2023 is scheduled on 27th June 2023 for various exam centers. The RPSC FSO exam pattern is provided in this post below along with the RPSC Food Safety Officer syllabus 2023.
RPSC Food Safety Officer Syllabus 2023
For applicants who meet the requirements for the position of Food Safety Officer, this is a tremendous opportunity. In order to start their preparation with a solid plan, interested students must check the RPSC FSO Syllabus 2023.
RPSC FSO Syllabus
Candidates may submit applications for the RPSC FSO Recruitment 2022 now as the registration process for 200 positions of RPSC FSO has started on 1st November 2022. In the table given below, we have provided a detailed overview of RPSC FSO.
|RPSC FSO Syllabus 2023: Overview|
|Organization||Rajasthan Public Service Commission|
|Posts||Food Safety Officer (FSO)|
|Categories||Syllabus and Exam Pattern|
|RPSC FSO Exam Date 2023||27th June 2023|
|Eligibility||Degree in Food Technology OR Dairy Technology OR Biotechnology OR Oil Technology OR Agriculture Science OR Veterinary Science OR Bio-Chemistry OR Microbiology OR Master’s Degree in Chemistry OR Degree in Medicine OR Equivalent|
|Selection Process||Written Exam (150 Marks)
1. General Knowledge of Rajasthan (40 Marks)
2. Concerned Subject (110 Marks)
RPSC FSO Exam Pattern 2023
The candidates should have a clear understanding of the exam pattern along with the syllabus to prepare well for the examination. The detailed exam pattern is given below.
|Exam Pattern for the post of RPSC FSO|
|S. No.||Subject||No. Of Questions||Total Marks||Examination Duration|
|Part A||General Knowledge of Rajasthan||40||40||2.30 Hours|
|Part B||Concerned Subject||110||110|
- The competitive examination shall carry 150 marks and 150 questions of Multiple Choice Type questions.
- There shall be one paper. The duration of the Paper will be Two hours and Thirty Minutes.
- Negative markings shall be applicable in the evaluation of answers. For every wrong answer, one-third of the marks prescribed for that particular question shall be deducted.
For those who meet the requirements for the position, the RPSC FSO is a fantastic opportunity. The following is the post-specific detailed syllabus. Candidates must read it aloud and make the necessary preparations.
RPSC FSO Syllabus 2023: General Knowledge Of Rajasthan
- History, Culture & Heritage of Rajasthan – Pre & early history of Rajasthan.
- Age of Rajputs: Major dynasties of Rajasthan and the achievements of prominent rulers.
- The emergence of Modern Rajasthan: factors of the socio-political awakening of 19th century
- Peasants and tribal movements of 20th century; Political struggle of 20th century and the integration of Rajasthan.
- Visual Art of Rajasthan – Architecture of forts and temples of Rajasthan; Sculpture traditions of Rajasthan and various schools of painting of Rajasthan.
- Performing Arts of Rajasthan – Folk music and musical instruments of Rajasthan; folk dance and folk drama of Rajasthan.
- Various religious cults, saints, and folk deities of Rajasthan.
- Various dialects and their distribution in Rajasthan; literature of Rajasthani language.
- Geography, Natural Resource & Socio-Economic Development of Rajasthan
- Geography of Rajasthan: Broad physical features- Mountains, Plateaus, Plains & Desert; Major rivers and lakes; Climate and Agro-climatic regions; Major soil types and distribution; Major forest types and distribution; Demographic characteristics; Desertification, Droughts & Floods, Deforestation, Environmental Pollution, and Ecological Concerns.
- The economy of Rajasthan: Major Minerals- Metallic & Non-Metallic; Power Resources Renewable and Non-Renewable; Major agro-based industries- Textile, Sugar, Paper & Vegetable oil; Poverty and Unemployment; Agro-food parks.
- Current Events and Issues of Rajasthan and India – Important Persons, Places, and Current events of the State.
- National and International events of importance. National and International Organisations- (BIS, ICMR, ICAR, Council for Social Welfare, APEDA, Export Inspection Council, FAO, WHO, ISO, WTO).
- New Schemes & Initiatives taken recently for welfare & development in Rajasthan.
RPSC FSO Syllabus 2023: Concerned Subject
- Chemical bonds and forces, the concept of pH and buffer, thermochemistry, chemical equilibrium, and chemical kinetics. Aliphatic and Aromatic hydrocarbons- the concept of aromaticity, methods of preparation, and chemical properties of alcohols, phenols, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, nitro compounds, and amines. Different methods of purification, qualitative and quantitative analysis. Solutions- concentration terms, liquid properties, surface tension, viscosity, and its applications. Surface chemistry- adsorption, homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis, colloids, and suspension.
- Types of microorganisms associated with food, their morphology and structure, factors affecting their growth, microbiological standards, sources of microorganisms in food, some important food spoilage microorganisms, fermentation- definition and types, microorganisms used in food fermentation, dairy fermentation, fermented foods- types, methods of manufacture for vinegar, sauerkraut, soya sauce, beer, wine, and traditional Indian foods.
- Biomolecules – carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, and nucleic acids, their classification, structure, biosynthesis, metabolism, and calorific value. Enzymes- classification, kinetics, factors controlling enzyme activities, enzymes used during food processing, modification of food by endogenous enzymes. Vitamins and their types. Minerals- important minerals and their functions in the human body. Plant alkaloids and their uses. Animal and plant toxins. Toxic substances and their metabolism- pesticides, metals, food additives, etc.
- Classification- five kingdom system up to phylum, plants and animal products used as food by humans. Culture of animals used as food. Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic cells. Types of cells, animal tissues, and organs. Human physiology- Nutrition and Digestion. Respiration respiratory pigment, transport, and gaseous exchange. Excretion- the structure of kidney and urine formation. Circulatory system- heart, blood vascular system, blood, and its components. Nervous system- conduction of impulses, Muscular system- types of muscles and muscle contraction. Reproductive system. Endocrine system- hormones and their role. Immune system- types of immunity, antigen-antibody reaction. Diseases- deficiency diseases, communicable diseases, and diseases caused by animals (protozoans, helminths, arthropods).
- Genetically modified plants and animals, plant and animal tissue culture and its application, the importance of GM crops and their products, environmental biotechnology- pollutants, biomagnification, and microbial bioremediation. Statistical analysis- mean, median, mode, standard deviation, regression and correlation, T-test, variance, chi-square test.
- Salient features of agriculture with special reference to Rajasthan. Soil fertility and management of problematic soils in Rajasthan. Introduction to dryland farming and Agroforestry. Introductory knowledge about production techniques of important field crops (Wheat, Mustard, Groundnut, Pulses, Bajra, Maize). Horticultural crops (Citrus, Mango, Guava, Ber, Onion, Tomato, Cucurbits, Chilli, Ros,e, etc.). Spices and Medicinal crops (Cumin, Fenugreek, Fennel, Coriander, Isabgol, Aloe vera, etc.). Important diseases and Pests of major Crops and their management. Importance of agriculture marketing. General awareness about seed science and crop physiology.
- Importance of livestock in the economy of Rajasthan. Fundamentals of livestock and poultry production. Artificial insemination and pregnant animal management. Laboratory diagnostics, important diseases of livestock,k and their management. Present status of milk and milk products. Milk production and quality of milk. Milk processing and packaging. Dairy equipment and utilities. Introduction to livestock products.
- Present status of food technology in India and Rajasthan. General methods of food preservation and food processing. Importance of post-harvest technology of fruits and vegetables. Technology for processed products like Squash, Jelly, Sauce, Pickles, etc. Postharvest physiology and handling of fruits and vegetables. Types and functions of Packaging materials used in fresh and processed food. Food laws -a brief review of regulatory status in India (FPO, Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, Food Safety and Standard Act, Testing Food for its Safety, AGMARK). Hygiene and Sanitation (HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practice, etc).
RPSC Food Safety Officer Syllabus PDF Download
Rajasthan Public Service Commission has uploaded the RPSC FSO syllabus pdf on its official website. All those candidates who are going to prepare for RPSC FSO must check the syllabus before planning their preparation schedule.THE RPSC FSO syllabus pdf download link is provided by us below therefore there is no need to visit the website of RPSC.
RPSC FSO Syllabus 2023: FAQs
Q.1 Where will I get the RPSC FSO syllabus 2023?
Ans You can check the complete RPSC FSO syllabus 2023 from the article above
Q.2 Is there any negative marking in the RPSC FSO exam 2023?
Ans: Yes, Negative marking shall be applicable in the evaluation of answers. For every wrong answer,r one-third of the marks prescribed for that particular question shall be deducted