The reasoning is the ability to think about a particular situation or question in a logical way. By solving the reasoning questions, you can enhance your mental ability and works towards a logical approach. How good you are at reasoning explains how you handle and deal with a situation. Reasoning is a section where no formulas or short tricks can work as it requires using your knowledge of years, 5 senses, mathematical abilities, and critical thinking.
Questions testing the reasoning abilities of a candidate are asked in various examinations that an individual appears for in his life. There are mainly 3 types of reasoning questions namely; Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, and Logical Reasoning. Some people find reasoning questions to be confusing and manipulating. The questions based on the reasoning section are asked while appearing for almost all competitive examinations whether you are appearing for entrance tests, government job examinations, or even in private jobs. Is it possible to enhance your reasoning skills with thorough practice? The answer lies in the post given below.
- Verbal Reasoning– This reasoning section covers topics that test your solving abilities such as Series, Coding-Decoding, Blood relations, analogy, odd-one-out, directions, Syllogism, etc.
- Non-Verbal Reasoning– This section tests your observing abilities as it mainly includes image-related questions such as Paper Cutting, Dice, Paper folding images, Mirror images, etc.
- Logical reasoning– This section tests your thinking ability and how you provide logic into questions. It includes questions from Statement & Conclusion, Inference, Assumptions, Implicit statements, Data Sufficiency, Puzzles, seating arrangements, etc.
Preparation Tips For Reasoning Questions
How can you prepare for reasoning questions with accuracy? Here are some preparation tips that can help you with various exams:
- Improve your reading skills as it will help you to understand the questions swiftly.
- Read the question carefully to know what is asked and how it should be attempted.
- Practice with the help of quizzes, mock tests, books, etc as it helps to increase the speed with accuracy.
- Learn from videos about the way a question must be approached.
- Analyze your weaker and stronger areas based on the questions solved and focus more on difficult topics.
Here we have listed the topics which are asked in the competitive exams like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC MTS, RRB NTPC and RRB Group D. Candidates must prepare themselves according to the topics mentioned here. Reasoning is a important and scoring topic.
Watch Important Reasoning Topics Videos Playlist
Reasoning Questions: FAQ
Q. What do you mean reasoning?
Ans: Reasoning is the drawing of inferences or conclusions through the use of reason. 2 : an instance of the use of reason : argument.
Q. What are the 4 types of reasoning?
Ans: These are the types of reasoning i.e. deductive reasoning, inductive reasoning, abductive reasoning and reasoning by analogy.
Q. How can I improve my reasoning skills?
Ans: Candidates must solve the quizzes and read the information mentioned in the above article.