Railways Commercial cum Ticket Clerk Salary
Railway Commercial cum ticket clerk is the post in Level 3 notified by the RRB in the undergraduate level category of the RRB NTPC examination. A total of 4940 was included in all RRBs for Commercial cum ticket clerks released under RRB NTPC 2019. To get a decent post in the railways under the Non-technical category is a dream of many aspirants throughout the country. It is because of the perks and benefits of a decent lifestyle that railways offer. Let’s discuss the total in-hand salary, job profile, career growth, and requirements for the Commercial cum ticket clerk according to the 7th pay commission.
Railway Commercial cum Ticket Clerk Vacancy & Pay
The initial pay for a Commercial cum ticket clerk will be Rs. 21700 plus other allowances under level 3 according to the 7th pay commission.
RRB Commercial cum ticket clerk
Level in 7th CPC
Initial Pay (Rs.)
Total Vacancies (All RRBs)
RRB NTPC Commercial cum Ticket Clerk Salary as per 7th Pay Commission
The total in-hand salary for the Railways commercial cum ticket clerk is approximately Rs 31,941 with a basic pay of Rs 21,700. Apart from the benefits mentioned below, there are other perks such as travel allowance, etc provided specifically to railway employees.
|III.||DA ( Currently 17% Of Basic Pay)||3689|
|IV.||Travel Allowance ( Fixed Currently)||2016|
|V.||HRA ( Varies according to Place – Minimum 8 % of basic )||1736|
|Total Pay (I) + (II) + (III) + (IV) + (V)||Rs 31,941|
RRB Salary HRA Details
The HRA of all RRB NTPC employees will be calculated based on the cities they are posted. The calculation criteria of HRA are given below.
|Category of Cities||HRA Before 7th Pay Commission (In percent)||HRA After 7th Pay Commission (In percent)|
Railway Commercial cum Ticket Clerk Job profile
- The main job of a Commercial cum ticket clerk in railways includes issuing tickets in Ticket Booking Offices through Computer Reservation System (CRS) and Unreserved Ticketing System (UTS)
- They supervise the loading of goods or luggage and maintain concerned registers.
- They can also be posted as goods clerks dealing with goods on stations
- The goods clerk is responsible for booking freight traffic, loading/unloading of goods, coordinating with SM/YM regarding allotment of the wagon, etc.
- Commercial cum ticket clerk works under a Station Master or Booking supervisor.
RRB NTPC Commercial cum Ticket Clerk Career Growth
Commercial cum ticket clerks have the chance to appear for the departmental examinations and progress through the ladder. A commercial cum ticket clerk will be promoted to senior commercial cum ticket clerk.
Commercial cum Ticket Clerk Educational Qualifications
For commercial cum ticket clerk posts in railways, the minimum educational qualification required is intermediate or 12th pass.
Commercial cum Ticket Clerk Age Limit
Railway Commercial cum Ticket Clerk Medical Standards
fit in all
RRB NTPC Commercial cum Ticket Clerk Selection Process
The selection process for Commercial cum ticket clerk under RRB NTPC will include 4 stages with 2 online examinations followed by typing skill test and Document verification.
- 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Typing Skill Test
- Document Verification/Medical Examination