Railway Traffic Assistant Salary, Job Profile & Career Growth
Indian Railway is the fourth largest network of railroads in the world and employer to lakhs of people. You can get a chance to work in the railways by appearing for the RRB NTPC examination conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board. Railway Traffic Assistant is one of the jobs under RRB NTPC in the pay level 4 of 7th CPC. You need graduation as a minimum educational qualification to appear for the traffic assistant post. Let’s take a look at the total in-hand and gross salary for Railway Traffic Assistant as per the 7th pay commission. Know about the Railway Traffic Assistant Salary, Job Profile, and career growth.
Railway (RRB NTPC) Traffic Assistant Vacancy & Initial Pay
The initial pay for Traffic Assistant is 25,500 where the total vacancies for all RRBs were 88.
RRB NTPC Traffic Assistant Initial pay
Level in 7th CPC
Initial Pay (Rs.)
Total Vacancies (All RRBs)
- Railway station master Salary & Job profile (CLICK HERE)
- Railway Junior Clerk Cum Typist Salary & Job Profile (CLICK HERE)
- Railway commercial apprentice Salary [CLICK HERE]
Railway Traffic Assistant Salary as per 7th Pay commission
The total in-hand salary for Railway Traffic Assistant will be approximately Rs 36,691. The allowances given to traffic assistant include HRA, DA, Travel allowance, and other allowances.
|III.||DA ( Currently 17% Of Basic Pay)||4335|
|IV.||Travel Allowance ( Fixed Currently)||2016/-|
|V.||HRA ( Varies according to Place – Minimum 8 % of basic )||2040/-|
|Total Pay (I) + (II) + (III) + (IV) + (V)||36,691|
Job Profile of Traffic Assistant
- The Job profile of Traffic Assistant is mainly to assist their seniors on the stations.
- They are trained to work as Traffic or Signal in charge.
- They help in the streamlined movement of trains.
- They work under the station masters etc and follow their guidelines.
Traffic Assistant Educational Qualifications
Traffic Assistant Age Limit
RRB NTPC Traffic Assistant Medical Standards
The medical standards required to be eligible for Traffic Assistant are A2. Candidates must satisfy the medical criteria given below.
fit in all
Traffic Assistant Selection Process
The selection process for Traffic Assistant through RRB NTPC exam includes 4 stages with 2 online computer-based tests followed by typing skill test and Document verification.
- 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test
- Document Verification/Medical Examination.