| Updated On August 20th, 2020 at 11:58 am
Railway Traffic Assistant Salary, Job Profile & Career Growth
Indian Railway is the fourth largest network of railroads in the world and employer to lakhs of people. You can get a chance to work in the railways by appearing for the RRB NTPC examination conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board. Railway Traffic Assistant is one of the jobs under RRB NTPC in the pay level 4 of 7th CPC. You need graduation as a minimum educational qualification to appear for the traffic assistant post. Let’s take a look at the total in-hand and gross salary for Railway Traffic Assistant as per the 7th pay commission. Know about the Railway Traffic Assistant Salary, Job Profile, and career growth.
Railway (RRB NTPC) Traffic Assistant Vacancy & Initial Pay
The initial pay for Traffic Assistant is 25,500 where the total vacancies for all RRBs were 88.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
RRB NTPC Traffic Assistant Initial pay
Level in 7th CPC
Initial Pay (Rs.)
Total Vacancies (All RRBs)
- Railway station master Salary & Job profile (CLICK HERE)
- Railway Junior Clerk Cum Typist Salary & Job Profile (CLICK HERE)
- Railway commercial apprentice Salary [CLICK HERE]
Railway Traffic Assistant Salary as per 7th Pay commission
The total in-hand salary for Railway Traffic Assistant will be approximately Rs 36,691. The allowances given to traffic assistant include HRA, DA, Travel allowance, and other allowances.
|III.||DA ( Currently 17% Of Basic Pay)||4335|
|IV.||Travel Allowance ( Fixed Currently)||2016/-|
|V.||HRA ( Varies according to Place – Minimum 8 % of basic )||2040/-|
|Total Pay (I) + (II) + (III) + (IV) + (V)||36,691|
Job Profile of Traffic Assistant
- The Job profile of Traffic Assistant is mainly to assist their seniors on the stations.
- They are trained to work as Traffic or Signal in charge.
- They help in the streamlined movement of trains.
- They work under the station masters etc and follow their guidelines.
Traffic Assistant Educational Qualifications
Traffic Assistant Age Limit
RRB NTPC Traffic Assistant Medical Standards
The medical standards required to be eligible for Traffic Assistant are A2. Candidates must satisfy the medical criteria given below.
fit in all
Traffic Assistant Selection Process
The selection process for Traffic Assistant through RRB NTPC exam includes 4 stages with 2 online computer-based tests followed by typing skill test and Document verification.
- 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test
- Document Verification/Medical Examination.