Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2023 Date
Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti Date: Today is the 162nd birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore, dedicated to a great Bengali poet. Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti, also known as Tagore’s Birthday, is a significant event in India and other parts of the world, where people celebrate the birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore. Tagore was a renowned Indian poet, writer, philosopher, and social reformer who contributed significantly to Indian literature, music, and culture.
Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti Celebration
Today, people in India and around the world celebrate by organizing cultural events, musical performances, and recitals of Tagore’s poems and songs. Many schools, colleges, and cultural institutions also hold special programs and competitions to honor Tagore’s legacy and inspire young minds.
The celebration of this day involves various cultural and literary programs, including recitals of Tagore’s poetry and songs, plays, dances, and other events. Many schools, colleges, and cultural institutions also hold special events and competitions to pay tribute to Tagore’s legacy and inspire young minds. On this day, people also visit Tagore’s House, the Nobel laureate’s ancestral home, and other places associated with him to pay homage to his contributions to literature, music, and culture.
Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti: Life
Rabindranath Tagore was born on May 7, 1861, in Calcutta, British India (now Kolkata, India). But, Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti is celebrated on May 9th every year. He was born to his mother Sarada Devi and his father Debendranath Tagore, in Jorasanko Thakurbai in Kolkata. He was popularly known as Gurudev. He was the first Asian to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature for his collection of poems, Gitanjali.
Inspiring Quotes by Rabindranath Tagore
- “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.”
- “If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
- “Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it.”
- “Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high Where knowledge is free.”
- “The most important lesson that man can learn from life is not that there is pain in this world, but that it is possible for him to transmute it into joy.”
- “A lamp can only light another lamp when it continues to burn in its own flame.”
|Check related posts:|
|International Nurses day||International Day of the Family|
|World Telecommunication Day
||World Red Cross Day|