Punjab Police has released the official notification for the recruitment of Intelligence Assistant (constable rank). The posts of intelligence assistants are in the intelligence cadre of the Punjab Police. The online application will begin from today i.e 26th July from 9 pm. There are a total of 794 vacancies for the posts of intelligence assistants constable and 392 vacancies for the post of constables in the investigation cadre. As the recruitment is out candidate must start the preparation by now to get selected. We are providing you a detailed exam pattern and syllabus. The interested and eligible candidates can apply till 16th August 2021 from the official website.
Punjab Police Selection Procedure
Candidates will have to clear a multiple-choice questions-based test followed by document verification, a physical measurement test (PMT), and a physical screening test (PST).
• Stage I: Computer Based Test (CBT) consisting of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) Paper
to be conducted.
• Stage II:
(i) Document Scrutiny (ii) Physical Measurement Test (PMT) (iii) Physical Screening Test (PST)
Note: Both Physical Measurement Test and Physical Screening Test shall be qualifying in nature.
Exam Pattern of the Written Examination
- The written exam will be of Objective Type.
- Questions will be given in the form of MCQs.
- The question paper will be bilingual i.e in Punjabi and English.
- Candidates have to choose one correct answer from the given four answers (A, B, C, D) for one particular question.
- The written examination will consist of one objective type paper containing 100 questions.
- Maximum Marks for this examination will be 100 marks.
- Every question will be of 1 mark each.
- The time duration will be allowed of 2 hours.
- There shall be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
|Section||Number of questions||Duration|
|General Awareness||35||2 hours|
|Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Skills||20|
|Mental and Logical Ability||20|
|Digital Literacy & Computer Awareness||05|
Syllabus Of Punjab Police Constable
The detailed section-wise syllabus has been provided below.
- Indian Constitution and its features,
- Central and State Legislature,
- Executive & Local Government Institutions,
- Judicial Institutions,
- Culture &Economy,
- Agriculture of India and Punjab,
- Science & Technology,
- Current Affairs (National and International)
Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Skills
- Decimals and Fractions,
- Ratios and Proportions,
- Profit & Loss,
- Simple Interest,
- Time and Work,
- Bar graphs and line graphs,
- Number systems,
- Speed, Time and Distance,
Mental and Logical Ability
- Number and Letter Series,
- Classification & Analogy,
- Coding & De-coding,
- Missing number,
- Verbal Reasoning,
- Non-Verbal Reasoning,
- Statements & Conclusions,
- Pattern Completion,
- Order and Ranking,
- Direction and Distances,
- Relationship Problems.
- English Language skills including Reading Comprehension/Passage, Translation from Punjabi to English,
- Phrase Replacement,
- Close Test,
- Para jumbles/Odd one out,
- Sentence Rearrangement and Correction,
- Error Spotting,
- Fill in the blanks,
- Spelling Correction,
- Vocabulary (Synonyms/Antonyms,
- One Word Substitution).
- Punjabi Language skills including Sentence Completion and Structuring,
- Error Detection,
- One Word Substitution,
- Translation from English to Punjabi,
- Reading Comprehension/Passage,
- Idioms and Phrases.
Digital Literacy & Computer Awareness
- Fundamentals of Computers,
- Creating of Directories and Sub Directories,
- MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint),
- Worldwide web& Web search engines,
- Social Networking,
- Video & Photo sharing,
- Email Communication,
- Mobile Phones (basic conceptual knowledge),
- Operating Systems,
- Computer Hardware,
- OTT/Instant messaging.
Physical Screening Test
The Physical Screening Test(PST)shall be qualifying in nature and shall comprise of the following events for both Intelligence and Investigation Cadre of Punjab Police:
|For Male Candidates (except Ex-Servicemen of and above
|(a) 800 meters run to be completed in 4:00 minutes (only
(b) Long Jump 2.75 meters (3 chances)
(c) High Jump 0.90 meters (3 chances)
|For Ex-Servicemen Male Candidates (35 years and above)||(a) 800 meters run/walk to be completed in -6:00 minutes
(only one chance)
|For Female Candidates||(a) 400 meters run to be completed in 2:00minutes (only
(b) Long Jump 1.80 meters (3 chances)
(c) High Jump 0.75 meters (3 chances)
Punjab Police Syllabus and Exam Pattern: FAQ
Q.Is there any negative marking for the Wrong Answers?
Ans: There shall be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
Q.What will be the Maximum Marks for Punjab Police Exam?
Ans: Maximum Marks for this examination will be 100 marks.
Q.What is the Exam Syllabus for Punjab Police Constable?
Ans: Detailed Topic-wise syllabus is mentioned above, candidates can check the same from above.
You may also like to read this: