As we all know, the past few months have been tough for all of us. The pandemic has severely affected the employment sector of our country with many companies laying off their employees. Government job examinations were also postponed affecting aspirants who have been preparing for the past year. Recently, Staff Selection Commission released the revised Calendar for various SSC exams to be conducted in the upcoming months such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, SSC Stenographer, SSC JHT, SSC Selection posts etc. As various government exam dates are being released and offline coaching centres are closed, students must be wondering how to prepare for the government exams at home? Let’s take a look at the exam dates of some major SSC exams:
|SSC Exams||SSC New Exam Dates|
|SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 1 Exam
For Remaining candidates
|17.08.2020 to 21.08.2020 &
24.08.2020 to 27.08.2020
|SSC JE 2019 Paper 1||01.09.2020 to 04.09.2020|
|SSC Selection Post Phase 8 Exam 2020||07.09.2020 to 09.09.2020|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Exam 2019||10.09.2020 to 12.09.2020|
|SSC CPO Paper 1 2020 exam||29.09.2020 to 05.10.2020|
|SSC JHT Paper 1 2020||06.10.2020|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 2019 exam||12.10.2020-15.10.2020 (As per SSC CGL Tier 1 result writeup)|
It’s time to strategize your preparations so that you can crack various government job exams. As they say, Time and Tide wait for none, so without wasting the precious time, one must plan accordingly. Let’s discuss some important points to be kept in mind related to the upcoming government exams preparation.
Know about the exam pattern and syllabus in detail
- Whether it’s SSC CGL or SSC CPO or SSC JE or any other exam, your first step must be to go through the exam pattern and syllabus of the particular exams.
- Make sure to make a list of exams with a similar pattern so that you can prepare for them simultaneously. For example, SSC CGL & SSC CHSL Tier I exam pattern is same so a candidate can prepare for both of these exams that will add a bonus to your preparations.
- The exams with technical subjects must be dealt with separately.
- Write down the complete syllabus of the exam as it will help you to plan the topics and learn accordingly.
2. Attempt Daily Quizzes to Practice
Practising daily quizzes are a must to ace your preparations for government exams. Daily quizzes will help you to revise the topics of subjects and also to improve on your weaknesses. You can attempt the quizzes easily within the comfort of your home. SSCADDA is providing you with free quizzes for exams. Click on the link given below to get free quizzes daily:
- Attempt Free Quantitative Aptitude Quiz (Arithmetic)
- Attempt Free Quantitative Aptitude Quiz (Advanced)
- Attempt free Reasoning quiz for SSC
- Attempt free English Quiz for SSC
- Attempt free GK quiz for SSC
3. Set a time table and study Daily
Make sure to set a time table and plan accordingly for your daily routine. Give more time to your weaker subjects. You can plan a time table dividing equal time to all the subjects along with the daily quizzes. You can study from the videos or learn from the books as per your preference. You can take live classes if you want to clear your basic concepts. Adda247 is providing sufficient study material for you that will help you tackle this. Click on the link given below and study at home.
4. Mock Tests to Your Rescue
Mock tests are the best way to practice for any exam. Appearing for mock tests regularly will help you overcome the fear of exam and you will feel confident to appear for the actual examination. Before appearing for any exam, it is really important to attempt as many mock tests as you can. Make it a habit to attempt one mock test daily for the exam you are focusing on.
5. Analyze your performance & Maintain accuracy
With every step you take towards your dream job, it is really important to analyze where you stand. Make sure you improve yourself day by day and maintain accuracy while appearing for the exams. To score high marks in any exam, one thing to keep in mind is accuracy. Practice enough to answer accurately.
In the quest to get a government job, candidates must be wondering the measures that can be taken by them to get the job of their dreams. How to start your preparations for the government exams? What can be the sources from which you can study? What should be your exam strategy? The tips mentioned above will surely help you to achieve success and get your dream job.