BSSC CGL Syllabus 2022: BSSC CGL has released the official notification for the recruitment of 2187 vacancies for the post of Secretariat Assistant, Planning Assistant, Malaria Inspector, Data Entry Operator Grade-C, and Auditor. The BSSC CGL Exam Date 2022 is out and scheduled for 23rd December and 24th December 2022 across the country. Candidates must buck up and pull up their socks for the great opportunity, as they have very little time to prepare for the exam. For the candidate’s convenience, we have provided detailed information here regarding the BSSC CGL Syllabus 2022.
BSSC CGL Syllabus 2022
In this article, we are providing you with the BSSC CGL Syllabus, BSSC CGL Prelims Exam Pattern 2022, BSSC CGL Mains Exam Pattern 2022, and the selection process. Candidates registered for the BSSC CGL Recruitment 2022 must check the BSSC CGL Syllabus and exam pattern mentioned here.
BSSC CGL Syllabus 2022: Overview
BSSC will conduct the Prelims and Mains Exam for the recruitment of various vacancies in BSSC CGL Recruitment 2022. Here is the BSSC CGL Syllabus 2022 overview for the convenience of candidates.
|BSSC CGL Syllabus 2022 : Overview|
|Organization||Bihar Staff Selection Commission|
|Post Name||Secretariat Assistant, Planning Assistant, Malaria Inspector, Data Entry Operator Grade-C, and Auditor|
|Category||Syllabus & Exam Pattern|
|Exam Name||BSSC CGL 2022|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks|
|Negative Marking||1 mark|
|No. of Questions||150|
|Selection Process||Prelims & Mains|
BSSC CGL Syllabus 2022: Selection Process
The selection of candidates for BSSC CGL Recruitment 2022 is based on two stages:
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
The candidates who will qualify for the prelims exam will have to apply separately for the mains examination. BSSC will release the main exam notification for which candidates have to apply again. BSSC will shortlist candidates for the BSSC Mains exam in a ratio of 1:5 with respect to the total number of vacancies available.
BSSC CGL Exam Pattern 2022
BSSC CGL Exam Pattern 2022 is the initial stage of being with preparation for the examination. The candidates must be familiar with the BSSC CGL Exam Pattern 2022 for each stage. Candidates are advised to go through the BSSC CGL Prelims Exam Pattern 2022 and BSSC CGL Mains Exam Pattern 2022 mentioned here.
BSSC CGL Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
- BSSC CGL Prelims will be objective-type exams and are qualifying in nature.
- The duration of the BSSC CGL Prelims Exam is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- The candidates clearing the BSSC CGL prelims exam will be eligible for the BSSC CGL mains exam.
- The prelims exam will have 3 sections with 50 questions in each section.
- There will be a total of 150 questions for 600 marks.
- There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
- The exam pattern for the prelims is given in the table below.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Studies||50||200||2 Hours 15 minutes|
|General Science and Mathematics||50||200|
|Comprehension/ Logical Reasoning/ Mental Ability||50||200|
BSSC CGL Mains Exam Pattern 2022
- The BSSC CGL Mains Exam is divided into 2 papers: Paper-1 and Paper-2.
- Paper 1 is a language paper (Hindi language) having 100 questions for a total of 400 marks.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 30% marks to be eligible for paper-2.
- There will be 3 sections in BSSC CGL Mains Paper-2 of the main exam. The pattern and syllabus for paper-2 are similar to that of the preliminary exam.
- The duration of each paper will be 2 hours and 15 minutes.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Paper-1 Hindi Language||100||400||2 hours and 15 minutes|
|Paper 2||2 hours and 15 minutes|
|Section A-General Studies||50||200|
|Section B- General Science and Maths||50||200|
|Section C-Reasoning Ability||50||200|
BSSC CGL Syllabus
The BSSC CGL Syllabus 2022 is very important for the preparation as this will help to understand the topics that may be asked in the BSSC CGL Exam 2022. We are providing you the BSSC CGL Syllabus 2022 for Prelims as well as the Mains examination.
BSSC CGL Syllabus for General Studies
- Questions related to the knowledge of the surrounding society of the candidates to test their awareness of surrounding activities.
- Questions related to past events and day-to-day events with a scientific perspective towards them.
- Questions related to Bihar, India, and its adjacent countries.
- Current Affairs
- Scientific Progress
- National/International Awards
- Indian Languages
- Books & Authors
- Important Events
- India and Neighboring countries
- History of India and its adjacent Countries
- Economical Scenario
- Indian Constitution and State Administration
- Political Series of Country
- Five-year plans
- Panchayati Raj
- Contribution of Bihar to the National Movement
- Indian Independence Movement
BSSC CGL Syllabus for General Science and Mathematics
BSSC CGL Syllabus for Comprehension/ Logical Reasoning/ Mental Ability
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Venn Diagrams
- Number Series
- Coding And Decoding
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Statement & Conclusion Type Questions
- Visual Memory
- Arithmetical Number Series
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Non-Verbal Series
- Syllogistic Reasoning
- Seating Arrangements
BSSC CGL Syllabus for Prelims & Mains (Hindi)
Check BSSC CGL Syllabus for each section in Hindi from below table-
|General Studies (सामान्य अध्ययन)||
|General Science (सामान्य विज्ञान)||
|Reasoning & Mental Ability (मानसिक क्षमता और तर्क)||
BSSC CGL Qualifying Marks 2022
To qualify for the BSSC CGL Exam candidates have to score the minimum percentage of marks which is different for candidates of different categories. Check the category-wise BSSC CGL Qualifying Marks from the table given below.
You may also like to read this:
|AP Police Recruitment 2022
||MP Patwari Recruitment 2022-23|
|UKPSC Junior Assistant Recruitment 2022||IIT Kanpur Recruitment 2022|
|UPPSC Recruitment 2022||NPCIL Recruitment 2022|
BSSC CGL Syllabus 2022:FAQs
Q. What is the selection process for BSSC CGL Recruitment 2022?
Ans: The selection process comprises the Prelims and Mains exam.
Q. What is the total number of marks for the BSSC CGL Prelims Exam 2022?
Ans: The total number of marks for the BSSC CGL Prelims Exam 2022 is 600 for 150 questions.
Q. What is the duration of the BSSC CGL Prelims Exam 2022?
Ans: The total duration for BSSC CGL Prelims is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Q. Is there any negative marking in BSSC CGL Prelims Exam 2022?
Ans: Yes. There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer.