West Bengal Staff Selection Commission (WBSSC), looks after the recruitment of candidates in the state of West Bengal. WBSSC conducts several recruitment exams at the state level. The recruitment drives include the selection of candidates for government jobs in Group B, and Group C posts in various ministries, departments and bodies under the West Bengal government.
The final selection and allocation of Ministries/ Departments/ Offices under WBSSC to the candidates will be made on the basis of the performance of candidates in the WBSSC recruitment exam and the preference of Posts/ Departments exercised by them at the time of Document Verification. Candidates appearing in the WBSSC exam need to pass each phase to be recruited for the applied post. All the candidates who are interested in WBSSC recruitment and want to join the West Bengal government can find all the information related to it in the post below.
|Exam Name||West Bengal Staff Selection Commission (WBSSC)|
|Conducting Authority||Government of West Bengal|
|Mode of Test||Online/Offline|
|Age Limit||18-32 years|
Posts Under WBSSC
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant Accounts Officer
- Assistant Section Officer
- Inspector of Income Tax
- Inspector(Central Excise)
- Tax Assistant
- Upper Division Clerks
- Assistant Enforcement Officer
- Sub Inspector
- Junior Secretariat Assistant
- Junior Engineer
- Stenographer Grade ‘C’
- Stenographer Grade ‘D’
- Assistant Sub-Inspector
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
- Junior Statistical Officer
- Statistical Investigator Grade-II
WBSSC Age Limit
As per the official notification released by the WBSSC, the minimum age to apply for the examination is 18 years and the maximum age limit to apply is 27 years for most of the posts, however for some posts maximum age limit is 30 years. Age relaxation in the upper limit is applicable as per the government norms.
WBSSC Educational Qualifications
The minimum educational qualifications essential to be possessed by the aspirants to be eligible for the WBSSC recruitment is that the candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University. Educational qualification varies from post to post.
WBSSC Syllabus for Arithmetic is available here for the convenience of the candidates. For the ease of applicants, WBSSC Syllabus for arithmetic has been given below.
- Recurring Decimals.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Simple Interest.
- Profit and Loss.
- Time and Distance.
- Area of Rectangle & Squares.
WBSSC Syllabus for Reasoning is listed below for the convenience of the candidates. For the ease of applicants, WBSSC Syllabus for reasoning has been given below.
- Coding and Decoding
- Word Formation
- Venn Diagrams
- Direction and Distance
- Blood Relations
- Verbal reasoning
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
For the ease of applicants, WBSSC Syllabus for general awareness has been given below.
- Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture, Geography, Polity, economics, neighboring countries, etc.)
- Books and Authors
- Current Affairs
- Important Schemes
- People in the News
WBSSC Syllabus for English is listed below for the convenience of the candidates.
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Phrases and Idioms
- Sentence Correction
- One word Substitution
- Error Spotting
How to download Admit Card
1. Visit the official website of WBSSC @wbssc.gov.in
2. Enter your details including the registration number/Roll number/Name and DOB.
3. Then click on the submit button.
4. Details of exam city, exam date and exam time will appear.
5. Click on download admit card and don’t forget to take a print of your admit card.
How To Apply?
- Go to the Official Website of WBSSC @wbssc.gov.in
- Click on the LOGIN Button
- Enter User ID, Password
- Click on the login button.
- Find the live notifications as per your qualification and interest
- Fill the application form carefully.
- Upload all the scanned documents.
- To pay the application fee by e-challan, candidates to fill the form.
- Take the print out of e-challan.
- Submit the fee
- Fill the required details carefully.
- Cross-check the filled application before submitting it.
- Submit the application form.
- Keep the submitted form safe for future use.
Frequently Asked Question
Q.1. Can a 12th pass candidate apply for WBSSC exam eligibility?
Ans. Yes, there is a huge scope for 12th pass candidates in WBSSC. Also, The minimum age required to apply for WBSSC exams is 18 years.
Q.2. What is the Minimum Salary in WBSSC?
Ans. After the 7th pay commission, there has been an increase of 3% in WBSSC salaries of employees working for different posts.
Q.3. What is the selection process of WBSSC exams?
Ans. The selection procedure for different WBSSC exams is different. For some posts selection procedure comprises 4 stages of selection, whereas some posts have 3 stage selection process.
Q.4 Is there a sectional cut-off in WBSSC exams?
Ans. Yes, there is a sectional cut-off in all WBSSC exams. Marks scored by candidates in Paper I will be used to determine the final merit and cut-off marks.
Q.5 When will the WBSSC admit card be released?
Ans. The Admit Card is released 7-10 days prior to the exam date.