UP Police Constable Recruitment 2020
Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board recruit the eligible aspirants to UP Police for the constable posts. Previously, it notified 49,568 vacancies, providing a golden chance for all the aspirants who always dreamt to serve in UP Police department. The set minimum age to appear in this exam is 22 for male candidates and 25 for female candidates. In lieu of a huge crowd of aspirants, there will definitely an alleviation in the number of competitors as per the set age limit. Take a look at the UP Police constable Eligibility criteria, vacancies, exam pattern and syllabus.
UP Police Constable Vacancies
|2017 -> 41,520 Vacancies||2018 -> 49,568 Vacancies|
|Reserved Citizen Police||Reserved Territorial Armed Constabulary||Reserved Citizen Police||Reserved Territorial Armed Constabulary|
Provincial Armed Constabulary – only male candidates are eligible.
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.
SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, Stenographer, MTS, Selection Post and GD Constable, etc.
What all You Get
- All Interactive Live Classes by best teachers
- All Recorded Video Courses designed by experts
- All Tests Series
- All eBooks
- Doubt Clearing by experts
- Personality Development Courses like Spoken English, Interview Techniques, and more…
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 12 Months
- 6 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
UP Police Constable Pay Scale
Grade pay- 2000 according to new payment matrix Rs.21700/-
UP Police Age Limit
UP Police Constable Educational Qualification
Uttar Pradesh Selection Process
The selection process for the UP Police constable consists of the following stages:
- Computer-Based Exam
- Document Verification & Physical Standard Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
UP Police Constable Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Knowledge||38||76||2 Hours|
|Numerical Ability & Quantitative Aptitude||38||76|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||37||74|
- Negative Marking: 0.5 marks
- Exam will contain objective type multiple questions.
- Exam will be in bilingual language both Hindi and English
- All the four sections are of equivalent importance and might supplement your performance unexpectedly.
UP Police Constable Syllabus
- Gandhi Era
- Modern History
- Noble Prize and for their respective works
- boundary Lines
- Constitution-Amendments, Parts, Schedule, Article
- Powers of President
- Drainage System
General knowledge: Economics
- Tax System
- Gini Coefficient
- 5 Year Plans
- Scientific names
- Body Organs
- Blood Group
General knowledge: Uttar Pradesh
- Culture and Social Custom of Uttar Pradesh
- Revenue, Police and General Administration System in Uttar Pradesh
- Protection of Women and Children,
- Basics/Fundamental of Information & Communication Technology,
- Environmental Studies
Basics of Language- Hindi Grammar
- हिन्दी और अन्य भारतीय भाषायें,
- हिन्दी व्याकरण का मौलिक ज्ञान-हिन्दी वर्णमाला तद्भव-तत्सम,
- पर्यायवाची विलोम, अनेकार्थक वाक्यांशो के स्थान पर एक शब्द, समरूपी भिन्नार्थक शब्द,
- अशु़द्व वाक्यों को शुद्व करना, लिंग वचन, कारक, सर्वनाम विशेषण, क्रिया, काल, वाच्य, अव्यय, उपसर्ग, प्रत्यय,
- सन्धि, समास, विराम-चिन्ह, मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियां, रस, छन्द, अंलकार आदि,
- अपठित बोध, प्रसिद्व कवि, लेखक एवं उनकी प्रसिद्व रचनाये, हिन्दी भाषा में पुरस्कार
- Below is the exam analysis of UP Police Exam to make you aware of the possible criterion of the upcoming exam for the same.
General KnowledgeIn UP Police Constable Exam 2018, Questions from History and Static Gk under GK Section were asked predominantly. Also, Current Affairs Section with 5 questions proved its prominence.
Topic No of Questions Sports 1 Biology 3 Geography 4 Polity 3 History 9 Current Affairs 5 Static 8 Total 38
Mental Aptitude, IQ & Reasoning AbilityMost number of questions were asked from Odd one out section whether it be figure based, number based or words related. Topics like Blood Relation, Series, Venn Diagram and Statements and Conclusions bagged the equivalent number of questions. Level of questions can be assumed easy to moderate on the basis of general parameters.
Topic No of Questions Blood Relation 3 Series 3 Odd One Out 9 Venn Diagram 3 Mirror Image 2 Analogy 7 Water Image 1 Cube 1 Statements & Conclusions 3 Missing Term 2 Coding Decoding 4 Total 38
Numerical & Mental AbilityIn UP Police Constable Exam 2018, Numerical & Mental Ability was of Easy-Moderate Level. Most of the questions were asked from Analogy & Series.
Topic No of Questions Series 6 SI/ CI 3 Average 1 Time & Work 2 Time, speed & Distance 2 Mensuration 1 Analogy 6 Odd one out 1 Mathematical operations 1 Simplification 3 HCF & LCM 1 Ratio 1 Direction Sense Test 2 Data Sufficiency 3 Percentage 2 Profit & Loss 2 Total 37
UP Police Constable Exam 2018, Hindi language section was of easy to moderate level. There was 1 Reading Comprehension(गद्यांश) with 5 questions based on it.TopicNo of Questionsसमास1मुहावरे/लोकोक्ति2शुद्ध वर्तनी3अनेकार्थी1गद्यांश5विलोम / पर्यायवाची1अलंकार1लिंग परिवर्तन2तत्सम / तत्भव1विशेषण1
एकवचन 1कारक 1 सर्वनाम 1 क्रिया 1 काल 1 शब्दार्थ 2 उपसर्ग 1 प्रत्य 1 संधि-विच्छेद 1 वाच्य 1 अव्य 1 उपन्यास 1 वर्ण 1 ध्वनि 1 रस 1Total37
Physical Standard Test For Male
|Minimum height||168 cm||160 cm|
|chest measurement||79 cm (without expansion)
84 cm (with expansion)
|77 cm (without expansion)
82 cm (with expansion)
|Minimum height||152 cm||147 cm|
|Minimum Weight||40 kg||40 kg|
Physical Efficiency Test
|Male||4.8 km||25 min|
|Female||2.4 km||14 min|
UP Police Recruitment FAQs
Q. What is the Selection Procedure for UP Police?
The Selection Procedure for UP Police consists of Computer-Based Exam, Document Verification & Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test.
Q. What is the age limit for UP police?
The age limit for males is 18 to 22 years.
Q. What is the educational qualification for UP police?
The applicant must have passed 12th standard Examination or it’s equivalent.
Q. How do I get into UP police?
To get into UP Police constable, you must pass the computer-based exam and the subsequent stages of examination.
Q. How many subjects are asked in UP Police Constable exam?
There are 4 subjects namely General Knowledge, Numerical Ability & Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning & General Intelligence and General Hindi.
Q. What is the pay scale for UP Police Constable?
UP Police constable comes in the pay band- 5200-20200/- with Grade pay of Rs 2000. According to new payment matrix, the pay would be approx Rs.21700/-