UKPSC Exams: Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) is the prime body conducting examinations and recruitment at various Departments of Uttarakhand Government as well as State Civil Services. The Uttarakhand Public Service Commission was Constituted under the provisions of Article 315 of the Constitution of India by the Governor of Uttarakhand. The working of Uttarakhand Public Service Commission is regulated by the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission Procedure and Conduct of Business Rule 2007.
|Exam Name||Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC)|
|Conducting Authority||Government of Uttarakhand|
|Mode of Test||Online/Offline|
|Age Limit||18-42 years|
Posts Under UKPSC
- Assistant Engineer (Civil, Electrical)
- Economic Investigator
- Law Officer cum Junior Draftsman
- Lower Division Clerk
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant Professor
- Extension Officer
- Junior Specialist Doctor
- College Cadre Lecturers
- Research Officer
- District Public Relation Officer (D.P.R.O)
- Field Officer
- Assistant Public Relation Officer (A.P.R.O.)
- Junior Engineer
- Deputy Director Sainik Welfare
- Upper Division Clerk (UDC) Cum Accountant
- Asstt. District Attorney (A.D.A.)
- Assistant Soil Conservation Officer
- Associate Professor
- Uttarakhand State Forest Services
- Medical Officer
- UK Administrative Services etc. Examination
- Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT)
- Computer Programmer
- Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)
- Field Investigator
- Director Sainik welfare
- Commandant Home Guard
- District Library and Information Officer (Libraries)
- Veterinary Officer
- Uttarakhand Judicial Services
- Forest Ranger
To apply for the Uttarakhand Posts, candidates must possess any of the below qualifications from the government recognised college/ university.
- 10th class/ SSC
- Intermediate (+2) in any specialization
- Degree/ B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc in the relevant discipline
- Graduation (Diploma/ MBBS, etc) or its equivalent
- Post Graduation (M. Tech/ MBA/ M .Sc or any other master’s degree in economics/ engineering/ English, etc.) or its equivalent
The minimum age limit is 18 years whereas the maximum age limit varies from post to post.
The UKPSC selection process includes various rounds. The selection process of UKPSC varies depending upon the post for which candidates have applied for. UKPSC recruitment includes the following rounds depending upon the post.
- Written Examination (Prelims and Mains)
- Personal Interview
- Personality Test
- Physical Endurance Test
- Trade Test
- Skill Test
- Physical Standard Test
- Document Verification
Syllabus of the UKPSC includes the following subjects and topics
- Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture, Geography, Polity, economics, neighboring countries, etc.)
- Science and Technology in India
- Life Science
- Scientific Glossary
- Ecology and Environment
- Physical Science/Awareness
- Important Schemes
- People in the News
- Recurring Decimals.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Simple Interest.
- Profit and Loss.
- Time and Distance.
- Area of Rectangle & Squares.
- Coding and Decoding
- Word Formation
- Venn Diagrams
- Direction and Distance
- Blood Relations
- Verbal reasoning
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Phrases and Idioms
- Sentence Correction
- One word Substitution
- Error Spotting
- Basics of Hardware and Software
- Windows Operating System Basics
- Internet Terms and Services
- Basic Functionalities of MS-Office (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)
- History of Computers
- Networking and Communication
- Database Basics
- Growth and development
- Issues related to planning
- Monetary policy in India
- Banks & Financial markets
- Indian Agriculture
- Poverty, Inequality, and Unemployment
- Government budgeting
- Taxation in India
- External sector
- Geographical location
- Relief and Structure
- Drainage system
- Wild life
- Animal Husbandry
- Major Cities and Tourist Places
How to Apply
- Visit the official website of UKPSC @ukpsc.gov.in
- The first step consists of One Time Registration to create a user name and password.
- Candidates must upload their photograph, signature, and thumb impression.
- Upload all the scanned documents
- Cross-check details and click on submit
- Pay registration fees
Frequently Asked Question
Q. Can a 12th pass candidate apply for UKPSC recruitment exams?
Ans. Yes, 12th pass candidates can apply for UKPSC recruitment.
Q. What is the Minimum and maximum age limit?
Ans. The minimum age limit for candidates is 18 years and the maximum age limit for UKPSC recruitment varies from post to post.
Q. How can one apply online for a post/position advertised by the commission?
candidates are required to visit website of UKPSC www.ukpsc.gov.in or www.ukpsconline.in for instructions for applying online.
Q. When will the admit card be released?
The Admit Card is generally released 8-10 days before the exam date.