SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022
SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022: SSC CHSL 2022-23 Recruitment Notification was released by SSC on 6th December 2022. Candidates who are applying for SSC CHSL recruitment 2022 must have a clear idea about the detailed New SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022. SSC has changed the SSC CHSL Selection process 2022. Now SSC will conduct the SSC CHSL 2022 recruitment examination in 2 Tiers for the selection of Lower Division Clerk, Junior Secretariat Assistant, and Data Entry Operator. In this article. we are discussing all the details regarding the Selection process for SSC CHSL 2022.
SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022: Overview
SSC has announced approx. 4500 vacancies for the biggest examination i.e. SSC CHSL 2022. This is a great opportunity for candidates who want to serve in such a reputed government organization. Check out the summarized details tabulated below.
|SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022: Overview|
|Name of the Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of Exam||Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) 2022|
|Post||LDC, DEO, Junior Secretariat Assistant|
|SSC CHSL 2022 Notification Released||06th December 2022|
SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022
SSC will select candidates for the post of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) and Data Entry Operator (DEO) through the selection process of SSC CHSL 2022. The candidates qualifying the Tier I will be eligible for Tier II. The SSC CHSL Selection Process is a 2 stage process. They are divided into the following stages:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer-Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Tier II will include the following three sections having two modules each||Computer-Based (online)|
Here are some of the important changes introduced in the SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022. Candidates must check these points.
- SSC CHSL 2022 Tier 1 exam will be conducted online mode.
- Tier II will include the following three sections having two modules each
SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022: Tier I Exam Pattern
The SSC CHSL Tier 1 is the first step towards success where candidates will be appearing for 100 questions competing against lakhs of candidates. This is the common test for all the posts and is very important for the further selection steps to move.
- It is a computer-based test with 200 marks and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- There is a negative marking in SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam.
- Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.50 marks in all sections.
- The exam duration is 75 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped and for general candidates, it is 60 minutes.
|General Intelligence||25||50||60 Minutes|
|General Awareness / General Knowledge||25||50|
SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022: Tier II Exam Pattern
The SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022 Tier 2 exam pattern is as follows:
- Tier II will be conducted in two sessions – Session –I & Session II, on the same day.
- Session-I will include Section-I, Section II, and Module-I of Section III. Session II will include conducting Module II of Section III.
- Candidates need to mandatorily qualify for Tier 2 for all sections.
- Tier II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module II of Section III.
- The questions will be set in English and Hindi except for Module II in Section II.
- There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section II, and Module-I of Section III.
- Module-I of Section-III i.e. Computer Knowledge Test is mandatory but qualifying in nature.
Session-I (2 hours and 15 minutes)
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
Module-I: Mathematical Abilities
and General Intelligence.
Total = 60
|60*3 = 180||1 hour (for each section)|
Module-I: English Language and Comprehension
Total = 60
|60*3 = 180|
Module-I: Computer Knowledge Module
|15||15*3 =45||15 Minutes|
Module-II: Skill Test/
Typing Test Module
|Part A: Skill Test for DEOs.||–||15 Minutes|
|Part B: Typing Test for LDC/ JSA||–||10 Minutes|
Module-II of Section III i.e. Skill Test/ Typing Test: Exam Pattern
The Skill Test will be conducted for Data Entry Operators only. The typing test will be conducted for other posts i.e. LDC/ JSA.
For Skill Test:
- Module II of Section-III will include Skill Test/ Typing Test in Session II on the same day.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Errors in the Skill Test will be calculated up to 2 decimal places.
- Skill Test is mandatory for Data Entry Operators. No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test.
For Typing Test:
- The medium of Typing Test will be Hindi or English.
- The candidates will have to opt for the medium of Typing Test i.e. either Hindi or English in the online Application Form.
- The choice of Typing Test during the application form will be final. There will be no change in the medium of Typing Test.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have a typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- The candidates opting for Hindi medium should have a typing speed of 30 words per minute (w.p.m.)
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
SSC CHSL Exam-Related Links
|SSC CHSL||SSC CHSL Salary|
|SSC CHSL Exam pattern||SSC CHSL Admit Card|
|SSC CHSL Cut Off||SSC CHSL Result|
|SSC CHSL Syllabus||SSC CHSL Exam Analysis|
|SSC CHSL Answer Key||SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2022|
SSC CHSL Selection Process 2022: FAQ
Q. What is the Selection Process for SSC CHSL 2022?
Ans: The selection process includes 2 stages; Tier I and Tier 2.
Q. Is there any negative marking in the SSC CHSL 2022 exam?
Ans: Yes. There is a negative marking in Tier I which is the Computer Based Test with a negative marking of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer for all sections.