Haryana Police SI Exam Pattern & Syllabus: Haryana Police has released the official notification for the direct recruitment of 400 posts of Sub-inspector (Male) and 65 posts of Sub Inspector (Female) of Group C of the Police department. The male, as well as female candidates, can apply online from 19th June 2021 from the official website. The last date to apply online for the 465 Sub Inspectors is 2nd July 2021. The candidates need to go through the selection process which includes a written exam, Physical Measurement Test, Physical Screening Test, Additional Qualification criteria, and Miscellaneous. Before applying for any recruitment process candidates must go through the detailed exam pattern and syllabus so as to get a clear idea about the recruitment process of a particular exam.
Haryana Police SI Selection Process
The candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the following stages:
- Knowledge Test or Written Exam (80% weightage)
- Physical Screening Test
- Physical Measurement Test
- Additional Qualification (10% weightage)
- Miscellaneous (10% weightage)
Knowledge Test/Written Test
- The knowledge test will be of 80% weightage in the selection criteria.
- All candidates shall have to undergo a Knowledge Test of 80 marks comprising of 100 objective-type questions for 0.80 marks each.
- The duration of the written test will be 90 minutes.
- The medium of examination shall be bilingual i.e. both in English as well as in Hindi
- The standard of questions shall be as expected as of graduation level.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
||100||80 Marks(0.80 marks each)||90 minutes|
Physical Screening Test (PST)
- The candidates who qualify for the knowledge test will be eligible to appear for the Physical Screening Test for which the count of the candidates will be 07 times the number of vacancies.
- PST will be qualifying in nature and the candidates who fail to meet the standards prescribed for PST shall be eliminated from the further selection process.
- The PST will be conducted to access the candidate’s physical fitness and endurance as per the below standards
|Male||2.5 km||12 minutes|
|Female||1 km||6 minutes|
|Ex-serviceman||1 km||5 minutes|
Physical Measurement Tes (PMT)
- Only the candidates who qualify PST shall have to undergo the Physical Measurement Test
- PMT will be of qualifying nature only.
PMT for Male Candidates
Height: 170 Centimetre for General Category and 168 Centimetre for eligible reserve Categories as per latest Government Reservation Policy
Chest: 83 Centimetre un-expanded minimum with the expansion of 04 Centimetre (minimum) onwards for General Category and 81 Centimetre un-expanded minimum with the expansion of 04 Centimetre (minimum) onwards for eligible reserve Categories as per latest Government Reservation Policy.
PMT for Female Candidates
Height: 158 Centimetre for General Category and 156 Centimetre for eligible reserve Categories as per the latest Government Reservation Policy.
- All candidates who have qualified for the Physical Measurement Test shall be called for scrutiny of documents (Document verification)
- This stage would be holding 10% weightage for the total section criteria.
- Education- 07 Marks
- NCC Certification- 03 Marks
This stage includes 10% weightage in the total selection procedure.
05 marks shall be given if neither the applicant nor any person from among the applicant’s father, mother, spouse, brother, and Son is, was, or has been a regular employee in any Department/Board/Corporation/ Company/ StatutoryBody/ Commission/Authority of Government of Haryana or any other State Government or Government of India. For detailed information read the official notification.
Haryana Police SI Syllabus