| Updated On September 16th, 2020 at 01:33 pm
DSSSB Online: Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board recruits for the departments under the Delhi Government. It releases notifications for various posts of Group A, B, C and D every year for administrative as well as teaching recruitments. DSSSB Online at dsssbonline.nic.in is the official site where candidates can apply online for DSSSB recruitment as soon as it is released. Till 2020, DSSSB released more than 5000 vacancies in various departments. In this post, we will highlight the posts under DSSSB and steps to apply online for DSSSB. DSSSB releases notifications throughout the year, so you must know the actual process to apply on DSSSB Online. Know about DSSSB application process and how to apply online.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
|Exam Name||DSSSB Recruitment|
|Conducting Body||Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB)|
|DSSSB Official Website||dsssb.delhi.gov.in|
|Posts||Group A, B, C and D|
|Mode of application||Online|
What is DSSSB?
DSSSB stands for Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board. You might wonder what exactly it is. For the people hearing this name for the first time, it is a selection board that recruits people to the eligible posts under the Delhi government administrative departments. Every year, hundreds of vacancies are released. Candidates can apply online after meeting the eligibility conditions for the requisite posts. Below is the list of some of the posts recruited by DSSSB.
|Name of the Post|
|Assistant Grade I||Laboratory Technician|
|Store Keeper||Section Officer (Horticulture)|
|Driver||Assistant Engineer (Civil)|
|Ahlmad||Veterinary Livestock Inspector|
|Inspecting Officer||Stenographer (English)|
|Workshop Instructor||Stenographer (Hindi)|
|Senior Scientific Assistant||Legal Assistant|
|Scientific Assistant||Manager (Public Relations)|
|Assistant Bacteriologist||Junior Telephone|
|Hindi Translator cum Assistant||Draftsman|
|Junior Stenographer (English)||Labour Welfare Inspector|
|Fee Collector/Sub Inspector/Auction Recorder||Accountant|
|Technical Assistant||Accounts Assistant Cum Cashier|
The application process for Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board takes place on its official site at dsssbonline.nic.in. The current recruitment vacancies will be shown on the official site in the “Current Vacancies” tab as given below. Candidates can only apply for the current vacancies depending upon the notification.
Steps to apply on DSSSB Online
You can visit the official site www.dsssbonline.nic.in and then follow the simple steps to apply.
Step 1: Registration or DSSSB Login
For candidates who have never applied for any DSSSB recruitment before, you must register to get the login id and password.
- Click on the “Click for New Registration” button to register online.
- Enter your date of birth, roll number of class 10th and class 10th passing year
- Click on Submit
- Enter name, parents’ or spouse’s name, your gender, nationality, mobile number, email ID and registration password.
- Click on the checkbox at the bottom of the page
- Click on Submit
- Note down the registration number and password provided to you.
- Click on Proceed.
Step 2: Application Form of DSSSB
For candidates who already have their registration number and password, you must fill the application form now.
- Enter registration number, password and code visible on the screen
- Click on Sign in
- Click on the Apply tab
- Click on Apply Now button of the post for which application needs to be filled
- Enter present and permanent address
- Select category
- Click on the Declaration checkbox
- Click on Submit
- Upload scanned images of photo, signature, left thumb impression and right thumb impression as per the specifications.
Step 3: Scanning and Uploading of Photograph and Signature
Before applying online the candidate will be asked to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
- SSC CGL Salary: Check Post Wise Salary Structure
- SSC CGL Vacancy 2019: Check Expected Vacancies for 2019-2020
- The photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture and clearly showing the face.
- Make sure that the picture is in bright color, taken against a light-colored, preferably white, background.
- Allowed Photo Size – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
- Size of file should be between 25kb-100 kb.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 100KB.
a. The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink/ Gel pen.
b. The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
c. Dimensions 3.5 cm x 1.5cm (preferred).
d. Size of file should be between ( 10KB – 50KB).
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
a. There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature.
b. Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature”.
c. Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph / Signature file has been
d. Select the file by clicking on it.
e. Click the ‘Upload’ button.
Step 4: Pay the Application Fee
Candidates proceed to the last step where they are required to pay the application fee and complete the application process. The application fee for all categories are mentioned below:
|Category||DSSSB Application Fee|
DSSSB Online Application Form: Important Points to Remember
- Candidates must ensure to fulfil the eligibility criteria for the post they are applying before applying for the exam.
- Candidates must keep all the necessary documents ready before starting with the application process.
- Application forms containing incorrect information are liable to get rejected.
- Documents must be uploaded as per the prescribed specifications only to avoid rejection of the application form.
DSSSB Age Limit
The age limit for DSSSB exams varies according to the post applied. The age limit for some of the posts are given below:
- All PGT Posts: 36 Years
- All TGT Posts: 32 Years
- For Group B and C Posts: 27-32 Years
- For Music Teacher Posts: 32 Years
- All PRT Posts: 30 years
- For AE and JE: 27-32 Years
- For all Other Posts: 30 Years
Age relaxation will be applicable for the reserved categories as follows:
|Category||Age relaxation criteria|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
DSSSB Selection Process
- The selection for DSSSB Non-teaching posts shall be made either through One Tier or Two Tier examination scheme and Skill Test according to the post applied by the candidate.
- Negative Marking will be relevant and deduction of 0.25 marks will be done for each wrong MCQ answer.
- The questions asked in the exam will be bilingual (Hindi & English) in nature except for the Language papers which will be in the language concerned only.
- Candidates applying for more than one post-codes may have to appear for the examinations of two or more different postcodes on the same day and candidate shall have to opt to take the examination of anyone postcode only.
- In posts where Two Tier examination will be conducted, Tier I exam will be used for shortlisting only. Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of marks obtains in Tier II Examination.
DSSSB Admit Card
- DSSSB admit card can be downloaded 10-12 days before the exam by visiting the official website.
- The exam centres for holding the examination will be in Delhi/NCR only.
- The candidates must carry the Aadhaar Card or any other Govt. issued identity proof to the examination centre, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
DSSSB Online FAQs
Q. What is DSSSB?
DSSSB stands for Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board.
Q. Is the DSSSB exam online?
Yes, DSSSB exam is now conducted in online computer-based mode.
Q. How do I contact DSSSB?
You can visit the official site at http://dsssb.delhi.gov.in or call on their telephone number- +91-011-22370309
Q. How do I apply online for DSSSB 2020?
The current vacancies to apply online will be available on the official website at dsssbonline.nic.in. You can sign in or log in to apply online.
Q. How do I find my DSSSB application number?
DSSSB application number can be found using your class 10th roll number, date of birth and 10th passing year given on the official site of DSSSB @dsssbonline.nic.in.
Q. How can I reset my application password?
You need your date of birth, class X roll number and class X passing year to reset your password.
Q. Can I apply for more than one post in DSSSB apply?
Yes, you can apply for multiple DSSSB posts on the official website of DSSSB.