SSC CGL Sub-Inspector in CBI
SSC CGL Salary Sub-Inspector in CBI
The salary of a CBI Sub-inspector is in the grade pay of 4200 which is equivalent to a 4600-grade pay central Govt employee as he gets 25% extra of Basic + DA and also he is paid 13 months’ salary in a year. The approx salary without the extra amount is:
|Pay Level of Posts||Pay Level-6|
|Payscale||Rs 35400 to 112400|
|Basic pay||Rs 35400|
|HRA (depending on the city)||X Cities (24%)||8,496|
|Y Cities (16%)||5,664|
|Z Cities (8%)||2,832|
|DA ( 42%)||14,868|
|Gross Salary Range (Approx)||X Cities||53,514|
Sub-Inspector in CBI: Job Responsibilities
- The work includes inquiries, investigations, and gathering information.
- You have to look after the cases in Courts during the trial which is initiated on the recommendations of the CBI. Thus, it requires frequent visits to the courts.
- You have to take criminals to the courts safely. For such a role, you shall be provided security by the police.
- You have to travel a lot all across India if you are allotted a case to perform the investigation. But in such investigations, you shall have complete authority over state police and other involved departments.
- So, it is a stressful job and your family & personal life suffer.
- It is considered to be a tough profile.
- It is a non-uniform job.
Sub-Inspector in CBI: Training
- For Training, you will be sent to CBI Academy Ghaziabad.
- After successful completion of training, zones are allotted based on your preference.
- The total training period is 59 weeks out of which 42 weeks training held in CBI Academy.
Sub-Inspector in CBI: Promotion
- Promotion opportunities are quite good at CBI.
- To become an inspector you have to wait for 5 years i.e for your first promotion.
- The second Promotion to Deputy Superintendent takes usually 12-13 years.
- The hierarchy for the promotion of CBI sub-inspector is given below: