SSC MTS is a group ‘C’ cadre position that was created as per the 6th CPC recommendation which with the inclusion of Group ‘D’ posts such as, Peon, Daftary, Jamadar, Farash, Chowkidar, Safaiwala, Mali, Junior Gestetner Operator etc. count in.
Roles and Responsibilities Under SSC MTS Jobs:
- General cleanliness and upkeep of the Section/Unit.
- Carrying of files and papers within the building.
- Physical maintenance of records of the Section.
- Photocopying, sending of fax, etc.
- Other non-clerical work in the Section/Unit.
- Assisting in routine office work like the diary, dispatch, etc.
- Assisting on the computer.
- Cleaning of rooms and dusting of furniture etc.
- Delivering of Dak (outside the building).
- Watch and ward duties.
- Opening and closing of rooms.
- Cleaning of the building, fixtures, etc.
- Work related to his ITI qualifications, if it exists.
- Driving of vehicles, if in possession of a valid driving license.
- Upkeep of lawns, parks, potted plants, etc.
- Any other work assigned by the superior authority.
SSC MTS Salary
SSC MTS salary is calculated as Gross Salary & Cash in Hand. After the application of 7th pay commission, there is an increment of almost 20% in every govt job income.
Multi Tasking Staff is a general central service group ‘C’ non-gazetted, a non-ministerial post which falls under Payband-1 (Rs.5200 – 20200) + Grade Pay Rs.1800. However, the take-home salary of MTS ranges between Rs.20,000 – 24,000 /month (approx). The salary varies slightly based on location, allowances etc.
With every Promotion, the SSC MTS Grade Pay increases as follows:
First Promotion: Rs. 1900/- after 3 years of service.
Second Promotion: Rs. 2000/- after 3 years of service.
Third Promotion: Rs. 2400/- after 5 years of service.
And so on up to Rs.5400/-
SSC MTS Career Growth
There are two types of increments provided under Pay Band-I scheme, i.e.
1. Annual Increments
Annual increments are to be paid at the rate of 3% of the total pay in the Pay Band and the corresponding Grade Pay.
2. Promotional Increments
In order to promote employees in government offices of various ministries, departmental exams are conducted from time to time.At the time of promotion, the grade pay attached to the posts at different levels within the same running pay band changes.
After factoring in all the above aspects, it is pertinent to say that SSC MTS might provide you a decent job with no redundant role play. Along with that, departmental exams upturn one’s official status and salary structure.