SSC conducts the CGL exam every year and lakhs of aspirants be tested for the exam until the final list comes out. To stand out from the rest one must know the right strategy and go through the previous year’s papers for analysis of the repeated pattern. Some aspirant takes years to make it to the final list and some get success in their first attempt. What makes them different from the rest is knowing the do’s and don’t of this exam at an early stage of preparation. Here are some points mentioned for starting preparation with the right approach and what mistakes need to be avoided.
- Not having proper planning of the day/month in advance: Never do random study, if you do not have a target for the day, you will work in the loop, and will definitely lose interest too soon and it will also take a little longer time in completion of syllabus. Plan your day in advance and with regular break intervals.
- Understanding the syllabus and stick to it: SSC CGL is conducted into 4 Tiers. Major sections are Quantitative Aptitude General Intelligence and Reasoning, English Comprehension and General Awareness. It is important to read the syllabus thoroughly so that we get a fair idea of what to study and what not to.
- Giving mock tests without completing syllabus– One must complete the syllabus first and solve the previous year’s question paper and once it is complete then we should move to mock tests.
- Click here to check Eligibility criteria FAQs in detail
- Check Detailed SSC CGL Syllabus 2021 Here
- Click here to view the complete SSC CGL Cut-Off
After completing the syllabus, priority must be given to revision and weekly tests. It is crucial to analyze the attempted mock test first before moving to another one. solve the wrong questions and make sure not to repeat them in another test. Most of the aspirant fails here as they focus on solving more mocks rather than improving their mistakes.
- Time Management and discipline during the exam– Most of the aspirants make a schedule and after some time they dearth of motivation to follow it and end up feeling annoyed. For that, we must make the time table in such a way that is realistic enough to do, and not put too much pressure at once.
- Emphasizing too much on one portion and choosing long methods to solve questions: We must pay attention to learn basics first before shifting to the nth number of tips and tricks accessible everywhere. It will take a while but help in retaining the subject for a longer time in memory. Every short method comes from the basics only.Most of the students start mugging up various books for general awareness but it is important to choose right the study material and read one source many times than multiple sources a single time. it will only create confusion and consume time and energy so stick to one source for study material.