UPPSC Reservation Policy
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (uppsc up nic in) released the notification for Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services 2020 where 200 vacancies are declared initially. The category-wise vacancies will be declared later. Reservation to the eligible candidates on the basis of caste will be given. In order to get the benefit of the reservation, you must be aware of the UPPSC Reservation policy. The official notification has mentioned policies for candidates seeking the benefits of reservation. Take a look before applying online for the UPPSC PCS recruitment.
What is the Reservation Policy?
According to the reservation policies in the notification, candidates can seek benefits in the exam and get eligible for the final appointment. Candidates must read the policies carefully to acquire the benefits. Reservation policies are made to provide a chance to categories deprived of their rights. In order to seek reservation, you must provide the certificates declaring your category.
UPPSC Reservation Policies
- The reservation for SC candidates of U.P. / Scheduled Tribes of U.P. / Other Backward Class of U.P. / Economically weaker section candidates of U.P. shall be permitted in accordance with the provisions of relevant State Govt. Rules.
- Accordingly, reservation under the horizontal category as Dependents of Freedom Fighters of U.P, Ex-Serviceman of U.P., P.H. of U.P. and Women candidates shall be applicable on the settlement of vacancies.
- Reservation for P.H. of U.P. shall be sanctioned for the notified/identified Posts.
- The Candidates demanding the benefit of reservation or age relaxation must obtain a certificate issued by the competent authority in support of their category.
- All Reserved category candidates of Uttar Pradesh must declare their Category/Sub Category in the Application.
- Candidates claiming reservation or Age relaxation in more than one category will be entitled to only one concession, whichever is more beneficial to them.
- The Scheduled Caste, Other Backward Class, Scheduled Tribes, Economically Weaker Section (EWSs), PH, Dependents of Freedom Fighter, and Ex-Serviceman candidates who are not the permanent residents of U.P. shall not be given the benefit of reservation/age relaxation.
- For the women candidates seeking reservation benefits, the caste certificate issued from her father side only will be treated valid.
- For Ex-Army personnel, in case of availability of post in class-III, the reservation will be admissible as per rules.
- The candidates must enclose self-attested copies of all the certificates along with the application forms of Main Examination in support of the claims made by them in their application forms of Preliminary Examination regarding eligibility, category and subcategory, failing which their claim shall not be entertained.
- The benefit of reservation to the Handicapped person categories of the society will be given only on the posts which shall be identified by the Government for their Subcategory. For this benefit, the Handicapped persons must produce a certificate of being handicapped in that Subcategory issued by prescribed Medical Officer/Specialist and countersigned by the Chief Medical Officer.
- In the category for dependents of the freedom fighters seeking the reservation benefits, only daughters, sons, grandsons (Son’s son/Daughter’s son) and granddaughters (son’s daughter/daughter’s daughter, married/ unmarried) are covered. It is advised to the candidates of above-mentioned category, that they must obtain the reservation certificate from the District Magistrate in the prescribed format and submit the same.
UPPSC Age relaxation in Age Limit
The age limit for unreserved categories has been mentioned from 21 to 40 years as on July 1, 2020. Relaxation to various categories shall be provided as given below:
|Scheduled Caste (SC) of UP||5 Years (born before 2nd July 1975)|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST) of UP||5 Years|
|Other Backward Class (OBC) of UP||5 Years|
|Skilled Players of UP of Classified Games||5 Years|
|State Government Employees of U.P. including Teachers/ Staff of the Basic Shiksha Parishad of U.P. and Teachers/ Staff of the Government Aided Madhyamik Vidyalayas of U.P||5 Years|
|Physically Handicapped persons of UP||15 Years (maximum age limit is 55 years)|
|Ex. Servicemen of UP (who have rendered five years service in Army)||5 Years|