Railway Recruitment Board has released massive vacancies for recruitment in RRB NTPC and RRB Group D for various posts in Indian Railways. RRB has announced a total of around 35,281 (Revised) vacancies for the recruitment of Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) like Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Commercial cum Ticket Clerk, Junior Clerk cum Typist, Goods Guard, etc in various Zonal Railways.
The interested candidates in the railway’s job must be looking for a detailed description of RRB NTPC Recruitment. The candidates must know the details of the level of post, its salary, and the highest and lowest cut-off to crack the examination. There is a lot of confusion about the level of the posts and exactly what are the RRB NTPC level posts?
In this article, we are trying to clear all your doubts related to the RRB NTPC Level Posts and provide you with the required information regarding the initial pay for a particular post. As RRB is a reputed organization lakhs of applicants dream to be a part of it. We are providing the highest and lowest cut-off as well according to the regions. There are 21 regions in RRB. Let’s go through the RRB NTPC level posts, salary, and highest and lowest cut-off here.
What are RRB NTPC Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Posts?
The RRB Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) comprise five levels i.e., 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Each level covers a set of distinct posts along with a specific salary band and initial pay. The 2nd and 3rd levels are for the undergraduate job seekers and the 4th,5th, and 6th have posts for the graduates. The levels of post differentiate as per the Salary i.e. Level in 7th CPC. The candidates will understand the differentiation easily from the below table.
|S. No.||Name of the post||Level in 7th CPC|
|Under Graduates Posts|
|1||Junior Clerk cum Typist||Level 2|
|2||Accounts Clerk cum Typist||Level 2|
|3||Junior Time Keeper||Level 2|
|4||Trains Clerk||Level 2|
|5||Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||Level 3|
|6||Traffic Assistant||Level 4|
|7||Goods Guard||Level 5|
|8||Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||Level 5|
|9||Senior Clerk cum Typist||Level 5|
|10||Junior Account Assistant cum Typist||Level 5|
|11||Senior Time Keeper||Level 5|
|12||Commercial Apprentice||Level 6|
|13||Station Master||Level 6|
RRB NTPC Post-wise Vacancy & Salary
RRB NTPC has released a total number of 35,281 vacancies for all 5 levels of posts. The salary has been released according to the region. We have tabulated the post-wise vacancy and their salary in the below table. The salary of the post is defined by the level in the 7th Pay CPC. The initial salary may vary as the Govt has increased the Dearness Allowance by 3% for all central government employees.
|Name of the post||Total Vacancies (All RRBs)||Salary (Initial Pay)|
|Junior Clerk cum Typist||4300||19900|
|Accounts Clerk cum Typist||760||19900|
|Junior Time Keeper||11||19900|
|Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||4940||21700|
|Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||5638||29200|
|Senior Clerk cum Typist||2854||29200|
|Junior Account Assistant cum Typist||3147||29200|
|Senior Time Keeper||6||29200|
RRB NTPC Level Wise Highest and Lowest Cut off
RRB NTPC has released the zone-wise and category-wise Cut off 2021 on 30th March 2022 on its official website.CBT 1 was conducted in 7 different phases for 100 marks across the country. The board has released the cut-off marks zone-wise and category-wise. For every level, the cut-off is different according to the region. Candidates must be aware of the highest and lowest cut-off according to the region and level. We have summarized the level-wise highest and lowest cut-offs here. This will help candidates to understand the qualifying marks for the level and region. We have provided the general category cut off below.
|Level||Highest Cut-Off||Lowest Cut-Off|
|Level 2`||75.42071 (Allahabad)||55.19111(Guwahati)|
|Level 3||83.20741 (Patna)||61.71403 (Thiruvananthapuram)|
|Level 5||76.93958 (Allahabad)||59.90857 (Guwahati)|
|Level 6||88.66646(Allahabad)||69.73374 (Thiruvananthapuram)|
RRB NTPC Level Wise Selection Process
The RRB NTPC 2022 selection process for levels 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 consists of 2 stages of computer-based tests followed by the skill test. Here is the summary of the selection process that candidates will go through for the final selection:
|Name of the post||Level
|1||Junior Clerk cum
|Typing Skill Test|
|2||Accounts Clerk cum
|2||Typing Skill Test|
|3||Junior Time Keeper||2||Typing Skill Test|
Level 3 post
|6||Traffic Assistant||4||Separate for
Level 4 post
cum Ticket Clerk
|9||Senior Clerk cum
|5||Typing Skill Test|
Assistant cum Typist
|5||Typing Skill Test|
|11||Senior Time Keeper||5||Typing Skill Test|
all Level 6
There are some amendments in the selection process of RRB NTPC according to the latest notice. Read carefully the following points.
- The 1st Stage of CBT is of screening nature and the standard of questions for the CBT will be according to the prescribed educational qualification for the mentioned posts.
- As per the merit list, the normalized score of 1st stage CBT will be used for the shortlisting of the candidates for 2nd Stage CBT.
- Based on the score of CBT 2 and the score of both CBT 1 and CBAT/TST, candidates equal to the vacancies will be called for DV.
- The shortlisting for 2nd Stage CBT will be based on the merit of the candidates in 1st Stage CBT.
RRB NTPC Job Profiles
There are 13 posts released under the 2,3,4,5 and 6 levels. Every post has there specific job profile and job role. The candidates can be promoted according to their current job profile. The job role for the posts is as follows:
- Junior Clerk cum Typist: The role is to assist the Senior Clerk and help with data entry work.
- Accounts Clerk cum Typist: The account Clerk has to work under the Accounts and Finance Department to keep track of monetary transactions. Helps in assisting in Administrative Activities.
- Junior Time Keeper: Helps in assisting the Senior Time Keeper in maintaining the records of Arrival and Departure of Trains.
- Trains Clerk: To maintain General Records related to Trains and their Conditions and keep a record of the number of coaches in trains.
- Commercial cum Ticket Clerk: Issues tickets to the computer reservation system and Unreserved Ticketing System (UTS). Maintains the record related to luggage.
- Traffic Assistant: Traffic Assistant is responsible for traffic and signal.
- Goods Guard: To identify and address minor issues while the train is moving and to ensure brake continuity.
- Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk: Works in the ticket booking offices, issues tickets, and books luggage and goods.
- Senior Clerk cum Typist: Responsible for clerical works at different departmentsSupervises Junior Clerks
- Junior Account Assistant cum Typist: Maintains account records, keep a record of transaction and settlements and check financial irregularities.
- Senior Time Keeper: Keep records of time regarding movements of the train.
- Commercial Apprentice: Supervises in various commercial branches.
- Station Master: Ensures the timely and proper arrival and departure of trains, and handles passenger issues.