West Bengal Sub-Inspector Recruitment
West Bengal Police has released 161 vacancies for Sub-Inspector/ Lady Sub-Inspector of Excise 2018. In this article, you will get all information about Exam pattern, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, etc.
Pay Scale: Pay Scale of Rs. 7,100 – 37,600/- (i.e. Pay Band-3) + Grade Pay Rs. 3,900/- plus other admissible allowances.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent.
- The applicant must be able to speak, read and write in Bengali/Nepali.
- The competence of a candidates in Bengali/Nepali language will be tested at the Preliminary Written Test.
- Preliminary Written Examination (Qualifying In Nature)
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Final Combined Competitive Examination
- Personality Test
1. Preliminary Written Test (Marks – 200)
|Topics||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||General Knowledge & Current Affairs||20||40||90 min|
|2||Test of Language (Bengali/Nepali)||20||40|
- The Preliminary Written Examination will either be an OMR based examination or computer based on-line examination (CBT) depending on the number of applicants & other administrative factors.
Note :- There will be NEGATIVE marking ¼th for each wrong answer.
2. Minimum Physical Standard:
3. Must qualify the following Physical Efficiency Tests :
4. Final Combined Competitive Examination : –
This examination consists of three papers of conventional type of question, namely : –
(i) Paper – I :
General Studies and Arithmetic for 100 marks (50 marks for General Studies, 25 marks for Logical and Analytical Reasoning and 25 marks for Arithmetic) of two hours duration;
(ii) Paper – II :
English for 50 marks of one hour duration;
(iii) Paper – III :
Bengali/Nepali/Hindi/Urdu for 50 marks of one hour duration.
You may also like to read: