The public Service Commission of West Bengal has recently issued a notice about the exam dates of the prelims exams. West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) has postponed the exam dates for West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) Exam 2021. As per the recent notice released, the exam has been postponed till further notice. The revised schedule will be released soon on its official website. The West Bengal Commission has released the new exam dates but now due to pandemics, it is also postponed. The new dates will be soon released by the Commission for both Prelims and Mains Examination. The new dates for the prelims exam will be notified soon on the official website by the Commission.
WBCS 2021 Important Dates
|WBCS 2021 Notification||19th December 2020|
|WBCS 2021 Commencement of Online Application||24th December 2020|
|Last date for submission of the Online Application||15th January 2021|
|Last date for submission of fees through online||15th January 2021|
|Last date for submission of fees through offline||16th January 2021|
|Prelims Exam Dates|
|Mains Exam Dates||To be notified|
Here is the snip of the mains exam postponed notice released by the WBPSC Civil Service (Exe) 2020 Revised Mains Exam Postponed. The new exam dates are postponed which was scheduled to held from 07/05/2021 and 30/06/2021. Fresh dates for the postponed examinations would be announced in due course. Candidates are advised to visit the official website from time to time for updates.
WBCS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- A degree of a recognized University
- Ability to read, write, and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali).
Age Limit (as of 01st January 2021)
- For Group A & C: 21 to 36 Years.
- For West Bengal Police Service: 20 to 36 years. (i.e. born not earlier than the 2nd January 1985 and not later than the 1st January 2001).
- For Group D posts: 21 to 39 years.
- OBC: 3 years.
- SC/ST: 5 Years.
WBCS 2021 Application Fee
- Rs.210/- + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus service charge /GST as applicable as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- only for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment).
How to Apply For WBCS 2021 exam?
Candidates need to follow the steps given below to apply for the WBCS 2021 exam.
- Click on the direct online application link above.
- As the new page opens, Fill in all the important details asked in the form.
- Fill in the other credentials, upload the required documents.
- Verify all the entered details of the form
- Finally, make the required application fee payment.
- Click Submit button
WBCS Pattern 2021
As per the notification, the WBCS exam involves three phases:
- Preliminary exam
- Main Exam
- Personality Test
WBCS 2021 Notification: FAQ
Q 1. When was the WBCS 2021 notification released?
Ans. The WBCS 2021 notification was released on 19th December 2020.
Q 2. When will the WBCS 2021 prelims exam be conducted.?
Ans. The WBCS 2021 prelims exam is being postponed and will notify you of new dates soon.
Q 3. What is the selection process for WBCS 2021?
Ans. The desired candidate will be selected based on their performance in Prelims, Mains, and interview exam.
Q 4. What is the exam pattern of the WBCS prelims exam?
Ans. The prelims exam has 8 sections of 200 marks. The number of questions in prelims is also 200.