Union Public Service Commission has released a notification regarding the Preliminary examinations for Civil Services and Indian Forest Service Examinations for 2021 in notice no 04/2021-CSP and 05/2021-IFS.UPSC has released the notification on 4th March for 712 vacancies. The online application has been started on 4th March. The last date to fill the registration form is 24th March 2021.
It is a very reputed and tough kind of job. The candidates who are preparing for the UPSC examination, now the registration process is started. It is very important for the candidates who are preparing seriously for UPSC exams to get clear about the exam pattern as well as the syllabus. Thye prelims syllabus is the same for all UPSC exams but the mains differs as per the post. The two papers of mains are almost the same but the other 7 papers are different. This exam comprises of their stages namely Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
UPSC Prelims Syllabus: IAS,IFS,IPS,IRS
- The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) Prelims exam is the first stage of the examination process.
- The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions) and each will be of two hours duration.
- The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
- There is a negative marking of 1/3 marks assigned to the question for the wrong answer marked.
- The ‘Decision Making’ based questions are generally exempted from negative marks in CSAT.
|UPSC IAS Prelims Exam Pattern|
|Paper||Subjects||Marks||No. of Question||Duration|
|I||General Studies (GS)||200||100||2 hours|
UPSC Preliminary Paper-wise Syllabus
Union Public Service Commision is one of the toughest exams in the country. It needs a vast knowledge of all the things around the World.
- Paper I consist of 100 questions for 200 marks and the time allotted is 120 minutes.
- The questions will be of multiple-choice, objective type.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination.
Let’s have a look at the UPSC IAS Prelims Paper I Syllabus:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
UPSC IAS Prelims Paper II Syllabus:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Decision making and problem-solving;
- General mental ability; Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. — Class X level);
UPSC IAS Syllabus 2021: FAQs
Q.What is the date of UPSC IAS 2021 prelims?
Ans: UPSC Prelims 2021 will be conducted on June 27.
Q. Are the Prelims and UPSC Mains Syllabus different?
Ans: Yes. Candidates should note that every stage of the examination contains a different syllabus.
Q.What is the pattern of the UPSC Prelims Examination?
Ans: The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.
Q. Which is the language/medium of question papers?
Ans: The question papers are set in bilingual i.e. Hindi and English only.
Q. Is there any kind of Negative Marking?
Ans: Yes, there is negative marking in the prelims examination.
You may also like to read this: