UPSC IFoS Exam: Indian Forest Service (IFoS) is All India Services of the Union Government. It is a very coveted position and a huge number of aspirants apply every year for this position. It was constituted in the present form in 1966, although the service dates back to 1864 when it was established as the Imperial Forest Service under the British Raj. In this article, Aspirants can read everything related to the Indian Forest Service Exam such as exam pattern, syllabus, how to apply, salary, etc.
UPSC IFoS Exam: Important Dates
|Date of Notification||12.02.2020|
|Last date of Submission of Application||03.03.2020|
|IFOS Prelims Exam||04.10.2020|
|IFOS Mains Exam||TBA|
UPSC IFoS Exam: Educational Qualification
- The civil services require any bachelor’s degree, the IFoS exam requires a science or engineering bachelor’s degree from UPSC recognized universities.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the following subjects: animal husbandry & veterinary science, botany, chemistry, geology, mathematics, statistics, physics, zoology OR the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, forestry or engineering.
UPSC IFoS Exam: Age Limit
The candidates can be minimum of 21 years and a maximum age of 32 years on August 1, 2020 on the year of examination. This means the candidate should not be born before August 2, 1988 and not after August 1, 1999. Age relaxation for different categories have been listed below:
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
- For SC/ST- up to 5 years
- OBC gets age relaxation up to 3 years
- Those belonging to Jammu and Kashmir and Domiciled from January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989 get age relaxation up to 5 years
- Defence service personnel- up to 5 years
- Ex-servicemen and commissioned officers, ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered a minimum of 5 years of military service.
- PWD candidates: 10 years of age relaxation
UPSC IFoS Exam: Selection Procedure
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
UPSC IFoS Exam: Exam Pattern
The Indian Forest Service Exam is conducted in three rounds. A candidate has to clear one stage to qualify for the subsequent stage. They are explained below:
Stage 1: Prelims Exam
- The prelims exam for IFoS is the same as the UPSC IAS Prelims exam. There are two papers, GS I and CSAT, both objective in nature.
- The cut off for the IFoS exam is higher than for the IAS exam since the number of vacancies is markedly less.
- UPSC IAS Syllabus 2020: Check Detailed Subject-wise Syllabus
- UPSC IAS Cut Off Prelims & Mains: Previous Years Cut Off
Stage 2: Mains Exam
- There are 6 papers in the IFoS mains exam.
- All are descriptive in nature. Each paper is for a duration of 3 hours.
- There are two optional subjects candidates that have to choose.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Mains Exam Papers:
|Paper I||General English||300|
|Paper III||Optional I||200|
|Paper IV||Optional I||200|
|Paper V||Optional II||200|
|Paper VI||Optional II||200|
- List of optional subjects for the IFoS main exam:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Candidates will not be allowed the following combination of optional subjects:
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Of the Engineering subjects namely, Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering – not more than one subject.
UPSC IFoS Exam: Exam Centres
There are 80 cities from all over the countries which have exam centres for IFS prelims 2020.
|UPSC IFoS Exam Centres|
|Gautam Buddh Nagar||Nagpur||Visakhapatnam|
UPSC IFoS Exam: Salary
The following table gives the salary and rank hierarchy of IFoS officers.
|Grade||Designation in state govt.||Designation in GOI||Basic Monthly Salary|
|Junior Time Scale||Assistant Conservator of Forests/Asst. Dy. Conservator of Forests||Assistant Inspector General of Forests||₹56,100|
|Senior Time Scale||Deputy Conservator of Forests||Assistant Inspector General of Forests||₹67,700|
|Junior Administrative Grade||Deputy Conservator of Forests||Assistant Inspector General of Forests||₹78,800|
|Selection Grade||Deputy Conservator of Forests (Selection Grade)||Assistant Inspector General of Forests||₹1,18,500|
|Super Time Scale||Conservator of Forests / Chief Wildlife Warden||Deputy Inspector General of Forests||₹1,50,000|
|Senior Administrative Grade||Chief Conservator of Forests||Inspector General of Forests||₹1,75,000|
|HAG scale||Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests||–||₹2,00,000|
|HAG+ Scale||Principal Chief Conservator of Forests||Additional Director General of Forests||₹2,05,400|
|Apex Scale||Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (Head of Forest Force)||Director-General of Forests||₹2,25,000|
How To Apply
Candidates can apply online by visiting the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Only a single application must be submitted by the applicants.
- Candidates must carefully fill all the details including name, age, qualifications, exam centre etc.
- The applications must be submitted before the last date after which it will not be received.