UPSC IAS Exam 2020: Today is the last date to apply for UPSC IAS 2020 Exam. All the candidates who are aspiring to join civil services are requested to apply before 6 PM. Candidates can visit the official website to apply or just click on the direct link that has been provided below. All the necessary information related to exam and procedure to apply has been given.
UPSC IAS Exam is one of the toughest exams that are conducted in India and the selection process consists of three stages—Preliminary Exam (Objective Multiple Choice), Mains Exam (Written) and Final Interview.
UPSC IAS Exam 2020: Apply Date
The recruitment notification was released on the official website of UPSC on 12th Feb, 2020 and all the interested candidates can start applying for the vacancies from 12th Feb, 2020 itself. The last date to apply for the exam is 3rd March, 2020 [till 6 pm]. All the notable dates have been mentioned below, have a look.
|UPSC IAS Notification Release Date||12.02.2020|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||03.03.2020 [till 6 pm]|
|UPSC IAS Preliminary exam Date||31.05.2020|
|Admit card Release Date||Three weeks before the exam|
|UPSC Civil Services (Main) Examination 2020 Date||18th Sept, 2020|
UPSC IAS Exam 2020:How to Apply
The Steps to apply for UPSC IAS 2020 Exam have been mentioned below:
Step 1: In order to apply for UPSC IAS 2020 exam, the appearing candidate need to visit the official UPSC website: www.upsconline.nic.in
Step 2: Candiates need to fill their personal details like Name, Gender, Category, and Nationality, etc., your Educational Qualification, Present Address, Photo ID Proof Details and Civil Services (Main) Examination Details.
Step 3: After filling all the details carefully, press the “I agree” button after checking all the details filled. No correction/modification is allowed after the submission of the form. Now, a page with Registration Number will be generated. Please note down Registration Number or take a print out of the page.
Step-4: Part-II of registration involves payment, selection of centre, uploading of scanned photograph, signature, Photo Identity Card Document and agrees to the declaration. The Registration fee for General and OBC candidates is Rs. 100. The registration fee for mains exam is Rs. 200
Note: The Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
The examination fee can be paid through both offline and online mode:
- Online Mode: Appearing candidates can pay the application fee online through SBI Net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
- Offline Mode: The candidate should take a printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. The candidate can go to the nearest SBI branch for depositing fee after 24 hours of generation of challan. “Pay by Cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 2nd March 2020. However, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date of application.
Step-5: Upload Photograph, Signature and Photo ID Proof
- Photograph: The photograph submitted by the candidate must be a Scanned photograph in JPG format. The digital size of the image must not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum , 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Signature: The scanned signature also need to be in JPG format. The digital size of each file should not exceed 300 KB each and must not be less than 20 KB and resolution 350 pixels (Width) X 350 pixels (Height) minimum, 1000 pixels (Width) X 1000 pixels (Height) maximum and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Photo ID Proof: The Photo ID proof must be in PDF format only. The digital size of PDF file should not exceed 300 KB and must not be less than 20 KB.
Step-8: All the applying candidates must make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Commission viz. Preliminary Examination, Main (Written) Examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the Preliminary Examination, Main (written) Examination and Interview Test, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
Note: If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Commission in terms of Rule 14 of the Rules for the Civil Services Examination, 2020.