UPSC IAS 2020 Exam: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) recruitment 2020 on its official website @upsc.gov.in on 12th February, 2020. This is a great opportunity for all the candidates who will be applying for the post to be appointed as Gazetted Officers under the Government of India lies ahead for the candidates. Know all the detailed information regarding the UPSC IAS Recruitment 2020.
All the UPSC aspirants can click on the link provided below to check the notification or visit the official website to check the notification:
- UPSC IAS 2020 Important Dates
- UPSC IAS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- UPSC IAS 2020 Age Limit
- UPSC IAS 2020 Educational Qualifications
- UPSC IAS 2020 Number of attempts
- UPSC IAS 2020 Selection Process
- UPSC IAS 2020 Vacancy
Are you looking forward to applying for the UPSC IAS 2020 recruitment? Then, you must go through the eligibility criteria, Age Limit, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, and other information necessary to be fulfilled by the aspirants. Make sure to read all the instructions and criteria carefully before filling up the application process.
UPSC IAS 2020 Important Dates
The notification for recruiting IAS officers has released by the UPSC on 12th February 2020. Check out the important dates that you need to know:
|UPSC IAS Notification Release Date||12.02.2020|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||03.03.2020 [till 6 pm]|
|UPSC IAS Preliminary exam Date||Postponed|
|Admit card Release Date||Three weeks before the exam|
|UPSC Civil Services (Main) Examination 2020 Date||Postponed|
UPSC IAS 2020 Vacancy
The total number of vacancies to be filled is expected to be approximately 796.
- 24 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category, i.e.
- 3 vacancies for candidates of (a) blindness and low vision;
- 9 Vacancies for (b) deaf and hard of hearing;
- 8 Vacancies for (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism,
acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; and
- 4 Vacancies for (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (c) including deaf-blindness
UPSC IAS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
IAS is one of the top positions of an officer that can be acquired by any individual. The eligibility criteria must be fulfilled in order to apply online for this position. Check out the nationality, age limit, educational qualifications, number of attempts and physical standard as per the previous years.
UPSC IAS 2020 Nationality
It is mandatory for candidates that they must be a citizen of India for IAS, IFS and IPS Exam, otherwise, the candidature will be canceled.
UPSC IAS 2020 Age Limit
A candidate must have attained not less than the age of 21 years and must not have attained more than the age of 32 years as on the crucial date of eligibility i.e. 1st of August, 2020
Age Relaxation for Categories
- For SC/ ST, age is relaxed by 5 Years
- For OBC, age is relaxed by 3 Years
- Defense Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities, relaxation up to 3 years
- Ex-servicemen- Relaxation Up to 5 years
UPSC IAS 2020 Educational Qualifications
The candidate must hold a degree i.e. must have passed the graduate examination from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament
UPSC IAS 2020 Number of attempts
Every candidate appearing at the examination is permitted overall six attempts at the examination, and it varies according to the category of the candidate:
- For Other Backward Classes, total permitted attempts are nine
- The restriction is not applicable to SC/ST candidates
- An attempt at a Preliminary Examination (anyone paper as well) shall be deemed to be an attempt at the Civil Services Examination
UPSC IAS 2020: Physical Standards Required
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards prescribed in the notification for admission to Civil Services Examination.
Application Fee to be paid while applying for UPSC IAS 2020
Candidates (except Females/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are not required to pay the fee) must pay the fee of Rs. 100/
UPSC IAS 2020 Selection Process
The selection process of UPSC IAS Officers includes 3 stages of Civil Services examination that applicants need to pass in order to be eligible for the final merit:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for selecting candidates
for the Main Examination
- Civil Services (Main) Examination for the selecting candidates for the interview round
- Interview or Personality Test for the appointment to IAS and various other Services & posts
UPSC Preliminary Exam pattern
- It is for screening purposes only and marks will not be added to the final merit.
- The UPSC will draw a list of candidates qualified for the Civil Services (Main) Examination by declaring a cut off marks for each category.
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice
questions) with 200 marks each and carry a maximum of 400 marks.
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions) and two hours duration will be given to attempt each paper.
- The marks scored in Paper 1 will be counted for screening and Paper 2 is qualifying in nature with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
UPSC Main Exam pattern
- The Mains exam comprises of 7 papers, subjective in nature to be counted for merit and 2 papers qualifying in nature.
Qualifying Papers: Each paper will be of 300 marks.
- Paper-A (One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate) and
- Paper-B (English).
Papers to be counted for merit include-
- Paper-I (Essay), – 250 Marks
- Paper-II- General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society) – 250 Marks
- Paper-III- General Studies -II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations) – 250 Marks
- Paper-IV- General Studies -III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management) – 250 Marks
- Paper-V General Studies -IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude) -250 Marks
- Paper-VI Optional Subject – Paper 1 – 250 Marks
- Paper-VII Optional Subject – Paper 2 – 250 Marks
Personality Test- 275 Marks
The total marks out of which merit will be decided are 2025 Marks.
How to apply
Candidates must apply online by visiting the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in after the official notification is released on 12th February 2020.
- Only a single application must be submitted by the applicants.
- Candidates must carefully fill all the details including name, age, qualifications, exam centre etc.
- The applications must be submitted before the last date after which it will not be received.
UPSC IAS Syllabus
The official Syllabus for the UPSC IAS exam 2020 will be provided in the official notification. Stay tuned for the complete syllabus of UPSC IAS.
UPSC IAS FAQs
Q. What is the start date to apply online for UPSC IAS?
The starting date to apply for the Indian Administrative Services and other posts are 12 February 2020.
Q. What are the minimum qualifications required to be eligible for IAS exam 2020?
The minimum qualification required is a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized institute.
Q. How many total papers are there in the IAS Mains Exam 2020?
A total of 9 Papers are there including 7 papers to be counted for merit and 2 qualifying papers.
Q. What is the selection process for UPSC IAS?
The Selection process includes Preliminary exam and Mains Examination following the interview.
Q. What is the preliminary exam date for UPSC IAS?
The preliminary exam has been postponed.
Q. What is the last date to apply online for UPSC IAS?
The last date to apply is 3rd March 2020.