UPSC CAPF Exam 2020: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the UPSC CAPF (AC) 2020 Notification PDF for the recruitment of candidates to fill 209 vacancies to the post of Assistant Commandants (AC) in the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF). Earlier the notification for CAPF 2020 was expected to release on April 22, 2020 but was postponed due to coronavirus pandemic. The written exam for the post of Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) will be conducted on 20th December 2020 (Sunday) at various centers across the country. UPSC CAPF recruitment exam 2020 will be conducted to the post of Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) such as Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). All the Interested candidates can apply for the recruitment from 18th August till 07 September 2020.
"Did you Know? In this pack you will get All new content we launch in the next 1 months"
This is the most recommended and NRA-CET ready Pack!
Use Code 'DREAM' to avail at best price today
2000 Students are visiting this Product daily! Hurry now! Seats are Filling fast
About SSC Maha Pack
If you are preparing for more than 1 SSC exams then this is the pack we recommend you buy.
It is most cost-effective and you get access to 100% digital content for all SSC exams on Adda247.SSC Exams Covered in this Pack
SSC Maha Pack Highlights
- Structured course content
- Recorded classes available if you miss any live class
- Previous Years’ Papers of all upcoming exams.
- Full Length Mocks based on the latest pattern with detailed solutions (video solutions for certain topics)
- Topic level knowledge tests
- Strategy sessions, time management & Preparation tips from the experts
- Language: English & Hindi Medium
Validity: 1 Month
- Unlimited Live Classes & Recorded Video Courses
- Unlimited Tests and eBooks
- 1 Lakh+ Selections
- 15 Months
- 9 Months
- 3 Months
- 1 Month
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020: Important Dates
- Official Notification and Registration date: 18 August 2020
- Last Date of Registration: 07 September till 06:00 PM
- UPSC CAPF AC Admit Card Download: To be Announced
- UPSC CAPF Exam Date: 20 December 2020 (Sunday)
- UPSC CAPF Result: To be Announced
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020: Vacancies
The tentative number of vacancies that will be filled through the UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020 is 209. These Vacancies are provisional and tentative and can be changed later by the UPSC.
- UPSC IAS Syllabus 2020: Check Detailed Subject-wise Syllabus
- UPSC IAS Cut Off Prelims & Mains: Previous Years Cut Off
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020: Educational Qualification
To be eligible for the UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020 candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from any Government recognised University or Deemed to be University
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020: Age Limit
The lower age limit for the CAPF exam is 20 years and the upper age limit is less than 25 years. The age is calculated from August 1 of the exam year. For appearing in the UPSC CAPF exam 2020, the candidates must have been born not earlier than August 2, 1995 and not later than August 1, 2000.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable.
|Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe||five years|
|Other Backward Classes||three years|
|Civilian Central Government Servants||five years Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation.|
|Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from January 1, 1980 to December 31,
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020: Selection Process
UPSC CAPF Selection Process consists of three stages: the Written Exam, Physcial Test and the Interview/ Personality Test. Candidates must crack all the three stages of the selection process to be recruited
- Stage 1:Written Exam
- Stage 2: Physical Test
- Stage3: Interview/ Personality Test
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020: Exam Pattern
- Written Exam
UPSC CAPF written examination will comprise of two papers. Paper-I will have Multiple Choice Questions carrying 250 marks and Paper-II will be subjective type holding weightage of 200 marks.
|Paper Name||Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-I – General and Mental Ability||250 marks||2 hours|
|Paper-II – General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||200 marks||3 Hours|
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for UPSC CAPF AC 2020
After passing the Stage I, the candidates need to undergo the Physical Efficiency and Medical Standard Test. The Physical Efficiency and Medical Standard test are only qualifying in nature. The candidates need to meet the standard prescribed in the CAPF notification.
|100 Metre race||16 Seconds||18 Seconds|
|800 Metre race||3 minutes 45 second||4 minutes 45 second|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 chances)||3.0 Meters 3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||—|
- Interview/Personality Test
The candidates who clear the second stage of the CAPF exam, will be called for the interview/personality test. The interview/ personality test will be conducted in the UPSC premises in New Delhi. The is the last stage of selection procedure
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020: Application Fee
- General/ OBC: Rs 200
- female/ SC/ ST candidates: Nil
How To Apply
- Visit the Official Website of UPSC @upsconline.nic.in
- Click on Online Application for Various Exams
- Click on CAPF – Part I Registration
- Enter all the details carefuly
- Click on CAPF – Part II Registration
- Fill the required details. Upload Scanned images, Select Exam Centre and make fee payment if applicable
- Agree to Declaration & Submit
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is there any negative marking in the UPSC CAPF exam?
Ans. Yes, the CAPF written exam paper 1 has the negative marking of One by three. For each wrong answer, 33% of marks assigned to that will be deducted.
Q. What is the exam date of UPSC CAPF Exam 2020?
Ans. UPSC CAPF Exam Date is 20 December 2020 (Sunday)
Q. What is the Age limit for UPSC CAPF Exam 2020?
The age limit for the general category candidates is 25 years. Age relaxation for the reserved category candidates is as per govt norms.