UPPSC Block Education Officer Recruitment 2019-20: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) released the notification for the Block Education Officer exam [Group ‘C’ Gazetted] with a total of 309 vacancies @uppsc.up.nic.in. Candidates can apply online for this recruitment till 13th January 2020.
UPPSC Block Education Officer Recruitment 2019-20: Important Dates
|Last Date for Receipt of Examination Fee On-line in the Bank||10th January 2020|
|Online Registration (End Date To Apply)||13th January 2020|
|Downloading of Call Letters||3 weeks before the exam|
|Preliminary Examination Dates||To be notified|
|Main Examination Dates||To be notified|
UPPSC Block Education Officer Recruitment 2019-20: Pay Scale
Pay Scale-> 9,300/- – 34,800/-, Grade Pay – 4,800/-
UPPSC Block Education Officer Recruitment 2019-20: Age Limit
- Minimum Age: 21
- Maximum Age: 40
UPPSC Block Education Officer Recruitment 2019-20: Educational Qualification
- Candidates must possess Bachelors degree in Education from a University established by law in India OR Qualification recognised by the Government or equivalent thereto and
- in case Bachelors degree is not in Education, the L.T. diploma of the Government Training College or the Government Basic Training College awarded by the Registrar, Departmental Examinations, Uttar Pradesh.
Preferential: Other things being equal such candidate shall be given preference who
(1) Has served for a minimum period of two years in Territorial Army or
(2) Has obtained “B” certificate of N.C.C.
UPPSC Block Education Officer Recruitment 2019-20: Selection Process
The selection process of UPPSC Block Education Officer Recruitment will consist of 3 stages as given below:
- Stage-I: Preliminary Exam (Objective type papers)
- Stage-II: Mains Exam
- Stage-III: medical Examination
UPPSC Block Education Officer Recruitment 2019-20: Exam Pattern
UPPSC Block Education Officer Stage-I: Preliminary Exam- 300 Marks
No. of Questions-> 120
Duration-> 2 hours
Syllabus for Preliminary Exam
1. General Science
2. History of India
3. Indian National Movement
4. Indian Polity, Economy & Culture
5. Indian Agriculture, Commerce & Trade
6. Population, Ecology & urbanization (In India context)
7. World Geography & Indian Geography & Natural Resources of India
8. Current National and International Important Events
9. General Intellgentia including Logic & Reasoning
10. Specific Knowledge regarding Education, Culture, Agriculture,
Industry Trade, Living & Social Traditions of Uttar Pradesh
11. Elementary Mathematics up to Class 10th level:-Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.
Watch Ancient Indian History | General Studies Video
Points to be noted:
- The Marks obtained in Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Mains Examination will be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- For each wrong answer, one-third (1/3rd) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
UPPSC Block Education Officer Stage-II: Mains Exam – 400 Marks
In the Main (Written) Examination, there will be two compulsory papers like General Studies and General Hindi and Essay of 3-3 hours and 200-200 marks. Thus, the main examination will be a total of 400 marks.
UPPSC Block Education Officer Mains Examination
|Paper-I||General Studies||3 hrs||200|
|Paper-II||General Hindi and Essay||3 hrs||200|
The question papers and the division of marks for the composition of the general study paper are as follows:
The total number of questions will be 40. All questions will be mandatory. All the questions will be divided into sections.
Under Section A, 10 questions will be of general answer (word limit of answers is 125) and each question will be of 10 marks.
Under Section B, 10 questions will be the short answer (word limit of answers is 50) and each question will be of 6 marks.
Under Section C, 20 questions will be very short answer (word limit of answers is 25) and each question will be of 2 marks.
Under General Hindi and Essay, the First section will be of 100 marks of general Hindi and the second section of the Hindi Essay will be 100 marks.
UPPSC Block Education Officer Recruitment 2019-20: Application Fee
(i) Unreserved/Economically Weaker Section/Other Backward Class – Exam fee Rs. 100/- + On-line processing fee Rs. 25/- Total = Rs. 125/-
(ii) Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe – Exam fee Rs. 40/- + On-line processing fee Rs. 25/- Total = Rs. 65/-
(iii) Handicapped – Exam fee NIL + On-line processing fee Rs. 25/- Total = Rs. 25/-
(iv) Ex-Service Man – Exam fee Rs. 40/- + online processing fee Rs. 25/- Total = Rs. 65/-