Unlock Phase 2 Guidelines & Rules
Unlock 2 guidelines have been released by the Central government with the Phase 2 beginning from 1st July 2020. In the new guidelines issued by the government, there have been some relaxations as compared to the previous phase. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also address the nation at 4 PM ahead of the Unlock Phase 2 to be observed till 31st July 2020. The lockdown will continue in the containment zones which are required to be demarcated carefully to contain the spread of the virus. India has already recorded more than 5.5 lakh overall cases with more than 16k deaths. Maharashtra and Delhi remain severely affected where the maximum number of cases are recorded. Let’s take a look at the important points of the guidelines to be followed in Unlock Phase 2 starting from 1st July:
- Schools, colleges and other educational institutes will remain shut till 31st July 2020.
- Metro rail, swimming pools, multiplexes, cinema halls, gyms, bars and auditoriums will stay shut.
- Shops outside the containment zones can have more than 5 persons.
- Night curfew timings have been further relaxed from 10 pm to 5 am.
- Domestic flights will be increased with a limited number of international flights under Vande Bharat mission.
- Large gatherings and religious functions are banned.
- No restriction on “inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods”. No separate permission/ approval/ e-permit is required for such movements.
- States are free to put more restrictions according to their situation.
- Central and state governments operated training institutes can function from July 15 onwards.
- Vulnerable persons such as old persons above the age of 65, pregnant women, people with co-morbidities, and children who are below the age of 10 are advised to stay at home.
- Directives issued by the government on distancing, wearing masks and other measures to contain the spread must be strictly followed.
Lockdown will be strictly followed in the containment zones with the restriction on movement and only essential services will be allowed in such areas. The lockdown has been extended till July 31. Further relaxations will be announced by the government as per the situation.