This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Awareness section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Which one of the following has highest value of specific heat?
Q2. One carat of diamond is equal to?
(b) 150 mg.
(c) 200 mg.
(d) 250 mg.
Q3. Fire fighting clothes are made from?
Q4. What is the nature of pH of milk?
(a) Slightly acidic.
(b) Slightly basic.
(c) Highly acidic.
(d) Highly basic.
Q5. Which one of the following non-metals shows allotropy in the liquid state?
Q6. Soda water was invented by?
(a) Tivadar Puskas.
(b) Joseph Priestley.
(c) Petrache Poenaru.
(d) James Leonard Plimpton.
Q7. Which one of the following is not a radioactive element?
Q8. Which of the following is used as control rod’s in atomic reactor?
Q9. Which among the following metal is used for galvanization?
Q10. Which is known as carbolic acid?
(C) Acetic acid.
(d) oxalic acid.
• From the given options water has highest value of specific heat.
• One carat of diamond is equal to the 200 mg.
• Fire fighting cloths are made from Asbestos because it has heat resistant property.
• Due to presence of lactic acid in milk. Lactic acid is weak acid so , it’s PH value is less than 7 or slightly acidic.
• A colloidal sol of sulphur is obtained by bubbling H2s had through the solution of bromine water,. Sulphur dioxide etc.
• Soda water was invented by Joseph Priestley.
• It is known as carbonated water.
• CO2 gas is also used in soda water.
• Elements having atomic number greater than 82 are all radioactive. But , Zirconium has atomic number 40.
• So , it is not an radioactive element.
• Boron or cadmium rod is used to absorb neutrons to control the chain reaction during nuclear fission.
• Galvanization is a process in which coating of zinc on iron metal is done to prevent iron from rusting.
• Phenol is also known as hydroxyl benzene.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here