This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. The device which converts AC to DC is?
(d) None of these.
Q2. Magnetism in materials is due to?
(a) Electrons at rest.
(b) circular motion of electrons.
(C) protons at rest.
(d) all neutrons at rest.
Q3. What is the unit of relative density?
(b) kg/m square.
(c) kg/m cube.
(d) It has no unit.
Q4. Farad is the unit of?
Q5. ______ is the mechanical transfer of energy to a system or from a system by an external force on it?
Q6. An athlete runs before long jump to get advantage on?
(a) Inertia of motion.
(b) Frictional force.
(c) Moment of a force.
(d) Principle of moment’s.
Q7. Acceleration is?
(a) Inversely proportional to force.
(b) Inversely proportional to mass.
(c) Directly proportional to mass.
(d) Directly proportional to force.
Q8. Fe has 26 protons in its nucleus. What are the number of electrons in fe 2+ ion?
Q9. A large force on a rotating body results in larger _______?
(c) Axis of rotation.
(d) Centre of mass.
Q10. The shape of our Milky way galaxy is?
(d) None of the above.
• Rectifier is an electrical device that is used to convert AC to DC.
• Magnetism is caused due to circular motion of charged particles.
• Relative density has no unit as it is the ratio of density of substance and density of water.
• The s.i. unit of capacitance is farad.
• It is named after English physicist Michael Faraday.
• Work is the energy which is transferred to or from any body , from or to any external force or system.
• An athlete runs before the long jump to gain the moment of inertia to get forward momentum in order to get longer jump.
• According to Newton 2nd law of motion , acceleration is directly proportional to the force acting upon an object.
S8. (a) 24.
The separation of visible light into it’s different colors is known as dispersion.
• The turning effect of a force on a object is known as Torque.
• Larger force will result into larger torque.
• Our Milky way is a large barred spiral galaxy.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here