This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Who invented the thermos flask?
(a) Ray Tomlinson.
(b) Tim Berners Lee.
(c) William Cullen.
(d) James Dewar.
Q2. Which of the following is used to measure the pressure?
(b) Aneroid Barometer.
Q3. What is the unit of relative density?
(b) kg/m square.
(c) kg/m cube.
(d) It has no unit.
Q4.Knot is a measure of?
(a) The speed of ship.
(b) The curvature of spherical objects.
(C) Solar radiation.
(d) Intensity of earthquake shock.
Q5. ______ is the mechanical transfer of energy to a system or from a system by an external force on it?
Q6. The density of water is 1g /cc. This is strictly valid at?
(a) 0 degree Celsius.
(b) 4 degree Celsius.
(c) 25 degree Celsius.
(d) 100 degree Celsius.
Q7. The working principle of a beam balance is the principle of?
Q8. Fe has 26 protons in its nucleus. What are the number of electrons in fe 2+ ion?
Q9. The antiparticle of an electron is?
(c) Alpha particle.
(d) Beta particle.
Q10. Atomic number of which of the following elements is greater than that of the copper?
• Thermos flask was invented by Scottish scientist sir James Dewar in 1892.
• Aneroid Barometer is used to measure the atmospheric pressure.
• Relative density has no unit as it is the ratio of density of substance and density of water.
• Knot is the unit of Speed which is used to measure the speed of ship’s.
• It is equal to one nautical mile per hour.
• Work is the energy which is transferred to or from any body , from or to any external force or system.
• At 4 degree Celsius water has the maximum density.
• Beam balance work’son the principle of moment.
• When torque on both the arm’s is balanced it comes to a stable state.
The separation of visible light into it’s different colors is known as dispersion.
• Antiparticle of an electron is positron because it has same mass and charge like an electron.
• Zinc has higher atomic number than that of copper.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here