This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get the success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Instruments can be shielded from the outside magnetic effect by surrounding them with?
(a) Iron shield.
(b) Rubber shield.
(c) Brass shield.
(d) Glass shield.
Q2. Ohm’s law is valid in case of?
Q3. Which of the following does not have any effect on velocity of sound?
Q4.Knot is a measure of?
(a) The speed of ship.
(b) The curvature of spherical objects.
(C) Solar radiation.
(d) Intensity of earthquake shock.
Q5. ______ is the mechanical transfer of energy to a system or from a system by an external force on it?
Q6. Energy in the foods can be measured in which unit’s?
Q7. What is the unit of frequency?
Q8. The splitting of different colours of light in a prism is?
(a) Reflection of light.
(b) dispersion of light.
(c) Diffraction of light.
(d) Refraction of light.
Q9. The substance having infinite electric resistance are called?
Q10. Who discovered the battery?
Click here to attempt this Quiz on Adda247 App & Get All India Rank (link to be updated)
• Rubber is used to shield the instruments from external magnetic field.
• Ohm’s law is valid for conductors.
• According to ohm’s law electric current is proportional to voltage and inversely proportional to resistance.
• Velocity of the sound wave depends upon the temperature, density of medium in which it is traveling.
• It also depends on moisture content in medium.
• Knot is the unit of Speed which is used to measure the speed of ship’s.
• It is equal to one nautical mile per hour.
• Work is the energy which is transferred to or from any body , from or to any external force or system.
• Energy in the food can be measured in calorie.
• 1 Calorie is defined as the amount of heat required at a pressure of 1 standard atmosphere to raise the temperature of 1 gran of water 1 degree Celsius.
• The S.I UNIT of frequency is Hertz.
• 1 Hertz is defined as the one cycle per second.
• It is named after Heinrich Rudolf Hertz.
These colors are often observed as light passes through a triangular prism. Upon passage through the prism, the white light is separated into it’s component color’s.-red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet.
The separation of visible light into it’s different colors is known as dispersion.
• Insulators have very low conductivity near zero and have infinite resistance.
• In 1799 , Alessandro Volta invented the battery.
• First true battery is known as voltaic pile.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here