This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get the success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. The slope of a velocity-time graph represents?
Q2. Water is used in car radiator because of it’s?
(a) Low density.
(b) easy availability.
(c) High specific heat capacity.
(d) low boiling point.
Q3. How much mechanical work must be done to completely melt 1 gram of ice at 0o C?
(a) 4.2 J.
(b) 80 J.
(c) 336 J.
(d) 2268 J.
Q4.The layer of atmosphere used for radio-wave transmission is?
Q5. A fountain pen works on the principle of?
(a) flow of liquids from higher to lower potential.
(C) Bernaulli’s principle.
(d) viscosity of liquids.
Q6. An instrument used to measure humidity is?
Q7. Surface tension in a liquid is due to?
(a) Adhesive force between molecules.
(b) Cohesive force between Molecules.
(c) Gravitational force between molecules.
(d) None of these.
Q8. The splitting of different colors of light in a prism is?
(a) Reflection of light.
(b) dispersion of light.
(c) Diffraction of light.
(d) Refraction of light.
Q9. How many calories of energy is released by a boiled egg?
Q10. What is the minimum escape velocity of a rocket to be launched into space?
(a) 5 km.
(b) 6 km.
(C) 11 km.
(d) 15 km.
• Velocity as the rate of change of position. The slope of a distance or position- time graph is velocity.
• Acceleration is the rate of change of velocity.
• The slope of a velocity- time graph is acceleration.
• Water has a very high specific heat capacity, that is, to raise the temperature of unit mass of water by 1 degree Celsius, a large amount of heat is required.
• Car radiator gets heated up by large temperature. Water can easily take up this heat without going heated up itself.
• When ice at 0 degree Celsius melts., it absorbs an equal amount of heat – 80 calories for each gram ice and it’s temperature remains unchanged until it has completely melted.
• The layer of the atmosphere that reflects radio waves is the ionosphere.
• The ionosphere is defined as the layer of the earth’s atmosphere that is ionized by solar and cosmic radiation.
• The pen draws ink from the reservoir through a feed to the nib and deposits it on paper via a combination of gravity and capillary action.
• A hygrometer is a weather instrument used to measure the amount of humidity in the atmosphere.
• Cohesive force are the intermolecular forces. Which cause a tendency in liquids to resist separation. These attractive forces exist between molecules of the same substance.
These colors are often observed as light passes through a triangular prism. Upon passage through the prism, the white light is separated into it’s component color’s.-red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet.
The separation of visible light into it’s different colors is known as dispersion.
• One large hard-boiled egg contains 77 calories. Eating one hard-boiled egg provides 4 percent of your daily caloric needs based on a 2,000- calorie diet.
• The escape velocity from earth is about 11.186 km/s at the surface.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here