This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. A body absorbs maximum amount of heat when it is?
(a) Black and rough.
(b) Black and smooth.
(c) white and rough.
(d) white and smooth.
Q2. The hottest part of the gas flame is known as?
(a) Non- luminous zone.
(b) Blue zone.
(c) luminous zone.
(d) dark zone.
Q3. Which of the following are the methods of the heat transfer?
(d) Thermal expansion.
Q4.The layer of atmosphere used for radio-wave transmission is?
Q5. Matter waves are?
(a) de broglie waves.
(b) electromagnetic waves.
(C) Transverse waves.
(d) Longitudinal waves.
Q6. Forged documents are detected by?
(a) ultraviolet rays.
(b) infra Red rays.
(c) Beta Ray’s.
(d) Gamma rays.
Q7. One can distinguish a telescope from a microscope by observing?
(c) size of the lens.
(d) length and size of the lens.
Q8. The splitting of different colours of light in a prism is?
(a) Reflection of light.
(b) dispersion of light.
(c) Diffraction of light.
(d) Refraction of light.
Q9. Light beam which is highly directional is called?
Q10. Which colour is formed when Blue and green are mixed?
• Best absorber:—– Black and rough surface.
• Non- luminous zone is the hottest part of the gas flame.
• It is the outermost part of the gas flame and hence complete combustion takes place here.
• Convection:—- it is the process of the heat transfer in a gas or liquid by circulation of the currents downwards to upwards.
• The layer of the atmosphere that reflects radio waves is the ionosphere.
• The ionosphere is defined as the layer of the earth’s atmosphere that is ionized by solar and cosmic radiation.
• Matter waves are de- broglie waves.
• Matter waves are the waves which show dual nature.
• They behave like the particle and travel like waves.
• Documents that are authentic, will grow when Illuminated by the ultraviolet radiation.
• Telescopes has lenses of the long focal length and microscope has lenses of the short focal length.
These colors are often observed as light passes through a triangular prism. Upon passage through the prism, the white light is separated into it’s component color’s.-red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet.
The separation of visible light into it’s different colors is known as dispersion.
• Laser is the coherent, monochromatic unidirectional beam of light.
• When Blue colour and green colour are mixed, then the result is cyan colour.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here