This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till May. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. The Doppler’s effect is applicable for?
(a) Light wave.
(b) sound wave.
(c) space wave.
(d) Both a and b.
Q2. The surface tension of water on adding detergent to it?
(C) no change.
(d) becomes zero.
Q3. The instrument for measuring intensity of earthquakes is called?
Q4. What is not true about the temperature?
(a) it is one of the seven si base quantities.
(b) it is measured in degree Celsius in si unit.
(C) Temp 0degree Celsius= 273.15 Kelvin.
(d) All are true.
Q5. An instrument used to measure the density of milk is?
Q6. The washing machine works on the principle of?
(c) reverse osmosis.
Q7. Instruments can be shielded from the outside magnetic effect by surrounding them with?
(a) Iron shield.
(b) Rubber shield.
(c) Brass shield.
(d) glass shield.
Q8. The unit of noise pollution is?
(d) none of the above.
Q9. Echo is produced due to?
(a) Reflection of sound.
(b) Refraction of sound.
(d) none of these.
Q10. Hydroscope is an instrument that shows changes in?
(a) sound under water.
(b) atmospheric humidity.
(c) density of liquid.
(d) elevation of land.
• Doppler’s effect can be described as change in frequency or wavelength of a wave for an observer which is moving with respect to it’s source.
• Adding detergent to the water lowers the surface tension of water.
• Detergent weakens the hydrogen bonding of water.
• Seismograph is an instrument used to detect seismic waves.
• Earthquakes are caused by propagation of seismic waves.
• The S.I. unit of the temperature is Kelvin(K).
• Lactometer is used to measure the density of the milk.
• Washing machine works on the principle of centrifugation.
• It is a metallic rod which is used to prevent building from lightening.
• Rubber is used to shield the instruments from external magnetic field.
• Noise pollution is measured in decibels.
• Echo is produced due to the reflection of the sound waves through a large obstacles.
• It is used for seeing below the surface of the water.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here