This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till May. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. A simple Machine?
(a) cannot imcrease the force.
(b) cannot imcrease the speed.
(c) cannot imcrease the work.
(d) cannot change the direction of the applied force.
Q2. Electrostatic precipitaror is used to control the pollution of?
Q3. Electric current in a metal wire is due to the flow of?
Q4.The layer of atmosphere used for radio-wave transmission is?
Q5. A device which is used to limit the current in an electrical circuit is called?
Q6. Curie is an unit of?
(b) energy of Gamma rays.
(c) intensity of Gamma rays.
(d) work function.
Q7. Conversion of sound energy into electrical energy is done by?
(a) Solar cell.
(d) loud speaker.
Q8. The splitting of different colours of light in a prism is?
(a) Reflection of light.
(b) dispersion of light.
(c) Diffraction of light.
(d) Refraction of light.
Q9. Submerged objects can be located using?
Q10. Women have shrill voice because of?
(a) low frequency.
(b) High frequency.
(C) shrill vocals.
(d) strong epiglottis.
• Simple machines use single force to make work easier.
• Pulley is an example of the simple Machine.
• Electrostatic precipitaror is device which is used to remove impurities from air.
• It is used to reduce the air pollution.
• Due to the movement of the free electrons electric current flows in a metal wire.
• The layer of the atmosphere that reflects radio waves is the ionosphere.
• The ionosphere is defined as the layer of the earth’s atmosphere that is ionized by solar and cosmic radiation.
• Fuse wire is used to limit the flow of electrical current in a circuit.
• Fuse wire has the very low melting point and high resistance.
• Curie is the si unit of Radioactivity.
• As microphone is a type of transducer, it converts sound energy into the electrical energy.
These colors are often observed as light passes through a triangular prism. Upon passage through the prism, the white light is separated into it’s component color’s.-red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet.
The separation of visible light into it’s different colors is known as dispersion.
• Sonar is used to navigate, communicate with or detect objects on or under the surface of water.
• Shrillness of sound depends on it’s frequency.
• Voice is shrill because of higher frequency of sound.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here