This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Which of the following is the cleanest source of energy?
(b) fossil fuel.
(c) nuclear power.
(d) wind energy.
Q2. Who first determined the value of G(gravitational constant)?
(a) Lord Cavendish.
(b) R.R Heyl.
Q3. If the orbit of a planet is an ellipse then what is the point at which the Sun is located called?
Q4. What is not true about the temperature?
(a) it is one of the seven si base quantities.
(b) it is measured in degree Celsius in si unit.
(C) Temp 0degree Celsius= 273.15 Kelvin.
(d) All are true.
Q5. The substance having infinite electric resistance are called?
Q6. Metal used for the manufacturing of lightning conductor is?
Q7. Instruments can be shielded from the outside magnetic effect by surrounding them with?
(a) Iron shield.
(b) Rubber shield.
(c) Brass shield.
(d) glass shield.
Q8. If a magnet has a third pole, then the third pole is called?
(a) Defective pole.
(b) consequent pole.
(c) extra pole.
(d) arbitrary pole.
Q9. Which of the following is a good conductor of heat?
(d) Paraffin wax.
Q10. Unit of Impedance is_____?
• Wind energy is the cleanest source of energy.
• In nuclear energy, nuclear waste is produced.
• In fossil fuel and bio-fuel, fumes are produced.
• In 1978, Henry Cavendish determined the value of gravitational constant.
• Due to the force of gravity, which goes as the inverse of the square, planet trace out an ellipse in space as they orbit around the sun which is located at a single Focus.
• The S.I. unit of the temperature is Kelvin(K).
• Insulators have very low conductivity near zero and have infinite resistance.
• Copper is used to manufacture lightning conductor.
• It is a metallic rod which is used to prevent building from lightening.
• Rubber is used to shield the instruments from external magnetic field.
• If the magnet has the three poles the third pole is known as the consequent pole.
• Mica is the good conductor of heat and the bad conductor of electricity.
• The unit of Impedance is ohm.
• And , it is denoted by Z.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here