This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Wavelength of visible spectrum is?
Q2. Who invented the centigrade scale?
(a) Anders Celsius.
(b) Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit.
(C) William Thomson.
(d) wright brothers.
Q3. Therm is the unit of?
Q4. What is not true about the temperature?
(a) it is one of the seven si base quantities.
(b) it is measured in degree Celsius in si unit.
(C) Temp 0degree Celsius= 273.15 Kelvin.
(d) All are true.
Q5. Which of the following element is used in a circuit to block the DC?
Q6. Gas thermometer are more sensitive than the liquid thermometer because the gases?
(a) Have larger coefficient of expansion.
(b) Are lighter.
(c) Have low specific heat.
(d) Have high specific heat.
Q7. Cryogenic science is related to?
(a) High temperature.
(b) Low temperature.
(c) Friction and wear -tear.
(d) Increment in Crystal’s.
Q8. What determines the colour of a Star?
(d) Atmospheric pressure.
Q9. Ocean currents are an example of?
Q10. The energy that can harness heat stored below the Earth’s surface is known as?
(a) Thermal energy.
(b) Nuclear energy.
(C) Tidal energy.
(d) Geo- thermal energy.
• The visible region lies in the wavelength range of 3900A-7600A.
• The centigrade scale was invented by Swedish astronomer Anders Celsius.
• Therm is the non SI unit of heat, Just as Celsius and Fahrenheit are of the temperature.
• The S.I. unit of the temperature is Kelvin(K).
• Capacitance is Used in a circuit to block the DC current.
• It has the ability to Store electrical energy.
• Gas molecules have larger coefficient of expansion than liquid.
• Hence for a small amount of heat, they show greater volatility.
• Cryogenics is the branch of physics which deals with the production of materials at very low temperature.
• The colour of the Star depends on it’s surface temperature, as at dry temperature star’s emitted frequencies of different colours.
• Wind and ocean currents are examples of convection currents.
• Geothermal energy is the heat generated and stored inside the Earth’s surface.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here