This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Time period of revolution for a geo- stationary satellite is?
(a) 365 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 24 hour’s.
(d) continuously changes.
Q2. The shape of our Milky way galaxy is?
(d) None of the above.
Q3. In A.C. circuits A.C. meter measures?
(a) mean value.
(b) RMS value.
(c) peak value.
(d) Root mean value.
Q4. Magnetism in materials is due to?
(a) electrons at rest.
(b) circular motion of electrons.
(C) protons at rest.
(d) All Neutrons at rest.
Q5. The force exerted by a magnet is an example of______?
(a) Non – contactforce.
(b) Muscular force.
(C) contact force.
(d) electrostatic force.
Q6. Humidity is measured by?
Q7. Who invented Laser?
(a) William Friesegreene.
(b) Arthur fry.
(c) Gordon Gould.
(d) Otto von Guericke.
Q8. Parsec is the unit measurement of?
(a) Density of star’s.
(b) Astronomical distance.
(c) Brightness of heavenly bodies.
(d) orbital velocity of giant star’s.
Q9. What is the study of Moon is called?
Q10. Flight recorder is technically called?
(a) Dark box.
(b) Blind box.
(C) Black Box.
(d) Altitude meter.
• Geostationary satellite is placed in the orbit which is directly above the equator and it takes approximately 24 hour’s to complete one revolution.
• Our Milky way is a large barred spiral galaxy.
• In A.C. circuits A.C. meter is used to measure Root mean square value.
• Magnetism is caused due to the circular motion of charged particles.
• The force which acts on an object without coming physically in contact with it is called non contact force.
• For example, the force exerted by a magnet.
• Hygrometer is used to measure the humidity.
• Gordon Gould was the first one to publish his paper on LASER in 1959.
• parsec is a unit of length which is used in astronomy to measure the distance between astronomical objects.
• Selenology is the branch of astronomy which deals with the scientific study of the moon.
• Flight recorder is also known as black box .
• It is used in aircrafts to record specific parameters which is used to investigate the causes of accident of aircrafts.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here