This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Who discovered Uranus?
(a) sir Isaac Newton.
(b) William Henry.
(c) William Herschel.
(d) Nicolaus Copernicus.
Q2. Who invented the hot air balloon?
(a) Montgolfier brothers.
(b) wright brothers.
(C) Lisitsyn brothers.
(d) walton brothers.
Q3. Who invented the Thermos flask?
(a) Ray Tomlinson.
(b) tim Berners Lee.
(c) William Cullen.
(d) James dewar.
Q4. While ascending a hill, the driver of the vehicle keep the gear ratio?
(a) equal to one.
(b) less than one.
(C) greater than one.
(d) either greater or equal to one.
Q5. Myopia is the same as?
(a) Near sightedness.
Q6. Atomic clock transistors depends upon the?
Q7. Who invented Laser?
(a) William Friesegreene.
(b) Arthur fry.
(c) Gordon Gould.
(d) Otto von Guericke.
Q8. Which of the following liquid is most viscous?
Q9. While catching a ball , a player pulls down his hands to lower the?
(d) Catching time.
Q10. The S.I unit of electric charge is?
• The planet Uranus was discovered by William Herschel on 13th March, 1781.
• Hot air balloon was invented by the Montgolfier brothers on 21st November 1783 in Paris.
• Thermos flask was invented by Scottish scientist sir James dewar in 1892.
• Gear ratio refers to the ratio of no. Of teeths of the driven gear over driver gear.
• It is kept as greater than or equal to one while ascending a hill.
• Myopia is also known as short sightedness in which a person can see near object clearly but cannot see distant object distinctly.
• Atomic clock is regulated by the vibrations of atomic or molecular system such as caesium.
• Gordon Gould was the first one to publish his paper on LASER in 1959.
S8. (a) viscosity determines the fluidity of a liquid.
• Oil is the most viscous liquid among the given liquids.
• When a player catches a ball , he lowers his hand to lower the rate of change of momentum.
• The S.I. unit of the electric charge is Coulomb.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here