This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Energy that is produced commercially from coal is called?
(a) Light energy.
(b) Kinetic energy.
(c) Thermal energy.
(d) potential energy.
Q2. The cause of magnetism is materials is?
(a) eletrons at rest.
(b) Protons at rest.
(C) All stationary neutrons.
(d) circular motion of electrons.
Q3. Who discovered the battery?
Q4. A current carrying conductor is associated with?
(a) A magnetic field.
(b) An electric field.
(C) An electro magnetic field.
(d) An electro static field.
Q5. Who invented radar?
(a) Fred Morrison.
(b) A.H. Taylor.
(C) Van tassel.
(d) James clerk Maxwell.
Q6. Soap bubble attains spherical shape due to?
(c) Surface tension.
Q7. What is the height of a geo- stationary satellite from the surface of the earth?
(d) None of these.
Q8. Fe has 26 protons in its nucleus. What are the number of electrons in fe 2+ ion?
Q9. Which of the following is the cleanest source of energy?
(b) Fossil fuel.
(c) Nuclear power.
(d) wind energy.
Q10. First man to go into space was?
(a) Roald Amundsen.
(b) Reynalt Mayor.
(C) Robert Peary.
(d) Major yuri Gagarin.
• Thermal energy is the form of energy that is generated by the heat.
• The cause of magnetism is movement of electric charges.
• Basically movement of electrons causes magnetism.
• In 1799, Alessandro volta invented the battery.
• First true battery is known as voltaic pile.
• A current carrying conductor produces a magnetic field.
• A.H Taylor invented Radar in 1937.
• Surface tension is the property of any liquid by virtue of which it tries to minimize it’s surface area.
• Soap bubble attains spherical shape due to the property of surface tension.
• Geostationary satellite is placed in the orbit which is at an attitude of approximately 36,000km above mean sea level.
S8. (a) 24.
The separation of visible light into it’s different colors is known as dispersion.
• Wind energy is the cleanest source of energy.
• In nuclear energy, nuclear waste is produced.
• In fossil fuel and bio-fuel, fumes, are produced.
• Yuri Gagarin was the first man to travel into space.
• He was the Russian Soviet pilot.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here