This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Which of the following has the lowest frequency?
(a) Visible ray.
(b) Gamma ray.
(d) ultraviolet rays.
Q2. Which of the following colour of light deviates least through the prism?
Q3. Which of the following does not have any effect on velocity of sound?
Q4.The layer of atmosphere used for radio-wave transmission is?
Q5. Submerged objects can be located using?
Q6. Light beam which is highly directional is called?
Q7. What is the unit of frequency?
Q8. The splitting of different colours of light in a prism is?
(a) Reflection of light.
(b) dispersion of light.
(c) Diffraction of light.
(d) Refraction of light.
Q9. Rate of change of momentum is?
Q10. Which of the following force is a virtual force?
(a) centripetal force.
(b) centripetal reaction force.
(C) centrifugal force.
(d) strong nuclear force.
• The electromagnetic spectrum is in order of increasing frequencies:–
• Radiowaves, microwave, infrared waves, visible light, ultraviolet waves, X-ray, and Gamma ray.
• The smaller the wavelength the larger will be the deviation.
• As the Red light has largest wavelength, it deviates the least.
• Velocity of the sound wave depends upon the temperature, density of medium in which it is traveling.
• It also depends on moisture content in medium.
• The layer of the atmosphere that reflects radio waves is the ionosphere.
• The ionosphere is defined as the layer of the earth’s atmosphere that is ionized by solar and cosmic radiation.
• Sonar is used to navigate, communicate with or detect objects in or under the surface of water.
• Laser is a coherent, monochromatic unidirectional beam of light.
• The S.I UNIT of frequency is Hertz.
• 1 Hertz is defined as the one cycle per second.
• It is named after Heinrich Rudolf Hertz.
These colors are often observed as light passes through a triangular prism. Upon passage through the prism, the white light is separated into it’s component color’s.-red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet.
The separation of visible light into it’s different colors is known as dispersion.
• Rate of change of momentum is equal to the force with respect to time..
• Centrifugal force is an inertial force that is acted upon an object moving in a curved path.
• It acts outwardly away from the centre of rotation.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here