This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Awareness section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till May. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Which of the following is the highest waterfall in india?
(a) shimsha fall’s.
(b) Hogenakkal fall’s.
(c) courtallam fall’s.
(d) Jog falls.
Q2. Afforestation is the process of?
(a) cleaning forests.
(c) cutting of forest.
(d) collecting forest resources.
Q3. The most dangerous effect of excessive deforestation is?
(a) loss of forest.
(b) loss of other plants.
(c) destruction of habitat of wild animals.
(d) soil erosion.
Q4. In which State is the kanger ghati national park?
(a) Himachal Pradesh.
(C) Uttar Pradesh.
Q5. Melghat tiger reserve is in which State?
(C) Arunachal Pradesh.
Q6. The main mineral found in upper Brahmaputra valley is?
(b) Iron ore.
Q7. Which of the following is an important port of the eastern coast of india?
Q8. In which State female literacy rate is the highest?
(c) Tamil Nadu.
(d) West Bengal.
Q9. The most important uranium mine of india is located at?
Q10. National waterway-1 is on which water system?
(a) West coast canal.
(b) river Brahmaputra.
(C) ganga- Bhagirathi-hoogli river.
(d) Sundarbans waterways.
• Jog falls are the highest waterfall in India located on sharavathi river.
• These are also known as gerosoppa fall’s.
• Afforestation is the planting of trees in the area where there was no forest cover earlier.
• It can also be termed as establishment of forest’s.
• Destruction of habitat of wild animals.
• As the forests are shrinking due to deforestation, the wild animals are loosing on their natural habitats risking Survival.
• Kanger ghati national park is situated in jagdalpur, chattisgarh in Bastar region.
• It became a national park in 1982.
• It has Bastar hill myna as one of the prominent species.
• Melghat tiger reserve which is located in the amravati district of Maharashtra was among the nine tiger reserves which were declared under the first phase of project tiger in 1973-1974.
• Main mineral found in upper Brahmaputra valley is petroleum.
• British in 1901 started extracting petroleum in dogboi district of Assam.
• It is the oldest petroleum refinery in india.
• Vishakhapatnam is used for bulk transportation of Iron to East Asian countries such as japan and South Korea.
• Kerala has the highest female literacy rate.
• Jadugoda mine’s of uranium lies in purbi Singhbhum district of Jharkhand.
• It is started functioning in 1967 as the first uranium mine of the India.
• National waterways is a national waterway between Allahabad and Haldia.
• This has been developed on Ganga-bhagirathi-hooghly river system.
• It became operative in 1986.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here