This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Awareness section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Which of the following passes lies in the Sutlej valley?
(a) Nathu la.
(b) Jelep la.
(c) Shipki la.
Q2. The composition of Laterite soil in higher areas is?
Q3. In which of the following wildlife sanctuary of India , where project of conservation of rhinos is underway?
Q4. Which national highway connects Delhi and kolkata via varanasi?
Q5. Which State of India is leading in solar energy generation?
(C) Uttar pradesh.
Q6. What percentage of Indian population is below poverty line?
(a) Less than 30%.
(b) 30% to 35%.
(c) More than 35% but less than 40%.
(d) 40% to 45%.
Q7. What is the name of the India’s permanent research station in southern hemisphere Antarctica?
(a) Dakshin Bharat.
(b) Dakshin niwas.
(c) Dakshin Chitra.
(d) Dakshin Gangotri.
Q8. As per the data released in July 2011 , what is the percentage of the population living in the Indian villages?
Q9. National waterway-1 is on which water system?
(a) west coast canal.
(b) River Brahmaputra.
(c) Ganga- bhagirathi- hoogli river.
(d) Sundarbans waterways.
Q10. The birth rate measures the birth during an year per?
(a) 100 populace.
(b) 1000 populace.
(C) 10000 populace.
(d) 100000 populace.
• Sutlej river originates from Rakas lake near mansarovar lake and enters india state of himachal pradesh through Shipki la pass.
• Laterite soil is poor in lime content that’s why it is found acidic in high hilly areas.
• Kaziranga National park has about 2/3rd of world’s great one horned rhinoceroses.
• It is situated in Assam as a renowned world heritage site.
• National Highway NH2 connects 6 states of North India. i.e. Delhi, haryana, U.P. , Bihar, Jharkhand ,and West Bengal constituting a portion of grand trunk road.
• Recently, Tamil Nadu surpassed rajasthan to become number one producer of solar energy.
• A 648 MW plant of solar energy is set up in kamuthi, tamilnadu, by Adani Power.
• It is world’s second largest solar park.
• According to the official release of government of India in 2012.
• 22% of its population was below the poverty line.
• World Bank in 2011 estimated it to be 23.6%.
• Dakshin Gangotri is the name of India’s permanent research station in southern hemisphere Antarctica.
• According to the census 2011 , approximately 83.3 crores People out of 121 crore population lives in villages which is nearly 70%.
• National waterways is a national waterways between Allahabad and Haldia.
• This has been developed on ganga- bhagirathi- Hooghly river system.
• It became operative in 1986.
• A birth rate can be best described as number of live births per thousand of population per year.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here