This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Awareness section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. The only sanctuary where kasturi stag is found is?
Q2. Dandeli wildlife sanctuary is in which state?
Q3. The umiam hydro power project dam is located few kilometres north to which of the following?
Q4. When did india adopt the international tsunami warning system?
Q5. Which hill stations name means place of the thunderbolt?
Q6. Kolkata Port is an example of which type of port?
Q7. The flash food is related with which of the following?
(a) Incessant storm.
(b) Cyclonic storm.
Q8. The state which tops in production of mustard seed is?
Q9. National waterway-1 is on which water system?
(a) west coast canal.
(b) River Brahmaputra.
(c) Ganga- bhagirathi- hoogli river.
(d) Sundarbans waterways.
Q10. Which is the best suited soil for the cultivation of rice?
(a) Laterite soil.
(b) Red soil.
(C) Alluvial soil.
(d) Black soil.
• Dachigam National park located 22km north of Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir has Musk deer (Kasturi Mrig).
• Dachigam is made up of 10 villages (Das Gaam).
• Dandeli wildlife sanctuary is located in Karnataka.
• Under the project tiger anshi national park and dandeli wildlife sanctuary were collectively declared as the Dandeli national park.
• Umiam hydro power project is on umiam lake which is located about 15kms. North of Shillong in Meghalaya state.
• A dam was created across umiam river in early 1960s, to create this lake.
• India agreed to Ocean tsunami warning system in a united nations conference held in january 2005 in kobe , japan.
• As an initiation towards an international early warning programme after the disastrous tsunami of 2004 due to Indian Ocean earthquake.
• Darjeeling is derived from the word Dorje meaning thunderbolt and ling meaning place or land.
• Both Dorje and ling are Tibetan words.
• Riverine port’s are the ones which are further inside from the sea coasts along the steam of a river.
• Such as kolkata Port is Riverine Port on river Hooghly.
• Torrential downpours associated with cyclonic storm brings heavy rainfall in a particular short span of time and causes flood like situation often termed as the flash flood.
• According to the figures of 2013-14, Rajasthan ranks first in mustard production followed by Madhya Pradesh and Haryana.
• National waterways is a national waterways between Allahabad and Haldia.
• This has been developed on ganga- bhagirathi- Hooghly river system.
• It became operative in 1986.
• Rice is a Kharif crop which requires Highly alluvial soil and a great amount of water.
• Major rice producing states are Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, and uttarpradesh.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here