This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. Who proposed the modern periodic table?
Q2. The most abundant element on the earth is?
Q4. _ is a by-product of sewage treatment and can be decomposed to produce bio-gas?
Q5. Malachite is an ore/mineral of?
Q6. The ore of aluminium is?
(d) Chalco pyrites.
Q7. Hydrogen was discovered by?
Q8. Quartz is a type of?
(a) silicon dioxide.
(b) sodium silicate.
(c) Aluminium oxide.
(d) Magnesium carbonate.
Q9. Which one of the following is used in pencils?
Q10. Who discovered benzene?
(a) Hal Anger.
(b) Michael Faraday.
(C) Bruce Ames.
(d) Nicolas appert.
• Periodic table was proposed by Mendeleev.
• Oxygen is the most abundant element on the earth crust with 46.6%.
• Sewage treatment involves three stages.
• Sludge is a semi-solid residue produced in first step during treatment of sewage and waste water.
• Malachite is an ore of copper.
• Malachite is a green copper carbonate hydroxide mineral.
• The ore of aluminium is Bauxite.
• Hydrogen was discovered by Henry Cavendish In 1766.
• Hydrogen is the lightest gas.
• It is known as fuel of future.
• Quartz is the crystalline form of silicon dioxide.
• Graphite is used in the making of pencils.
• It is an allotrope of carbon.
• Benzene was first discovered by Michael Faraday.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here