This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get the success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. The size of the nucleus is measured in?
Q2. Radioactive elements emit?
(b) infrared waves.
(c) ultraviolet waves.
(d) alpha , beta , and gamma radiations.
Q3. Cooking oil is converted into vegetable ghee by the process of?
Q4. Which acid is used to remove iron and rust stains from clothes?
(a) citric acid.
(b) Dilute Hydrochloric acid.
(C) Oxalic acid.
(d) Acetic acid.
Q5. Who proposed the modern periodic table?
Q6. Rn is a chemical symbol of which element?
Q7. Chromite is an ore/mineral of?
Q8. The material used in electric heater is?
Q9. Which of the following gas is coloured?
Q10. The brand name Teflon represents which polymer?
(d) Polyethylene terephthalate.
Click here to attempt this Quiz on Adda247 App & Get All India Rank
• The size of the nucleus is measured in Fermi (1 Fermi=10(-15)m.
• Radioactive elements emit alpha beta and gamma radiations.
• Emission of gamma radiation takes place after emission of alpha and beta radiations.
• Vegetable oils are converted into vegetable ghee, when vegetable oil are reacted with hydrogen gas in the presence of catalyst Ni/Of.
• This process is known as Hydrogenation.
• Oxalic acid is used to remove iron rust stains and clothes.
• Periodic table was proposed by Dimitri Mendeleev (Russian Scientist).
• Chromite is an iron chromium oxide.
• The material used in electric heater is Nichrome.
• Nichrome is a mixture of nickel chromium and iron.
• Oxygen, nitrogen , and hydrogen are colourless gases.while, chlorine is a greenish yellow coloured gas.
• Teflon represents polytetrafluoro ethylene.
• It is a polymer of tetrafluoro ethylene. It is used for making nonstick cooking utensils.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here