This is the new year with new goals, new experiences and lots of exams to be scheduled soon. SSC CGL has recently released the exam dates so now it is time to gear up your preparations and try hard to get success. ADDA247 never fails to deliver something new and fruitful for you all. This time also we are providing you the best study plan as well as a study material. We are here going to prepare your General Science section for the SSC CGL. In this article, we are providing you the details that how we are going to help you to clear the examination this year. We ADDA247 is going to provide you daily tests for all the subjects. The topic-wise quiz will be done from January till April. This will help you to get a deeper knowledge of all the topics and will prepare you thoroughly.
Q1. ______ decreases the rate of setting of cement?
(d) Magnesium oxide.
Q2. Who discovered cement?
(b) Albertus Magnus.
(c) Joseph Aspdin.
Q3. Which of the following is not a commercial source of energy?
(c) Natural gas .
Q4. What changes will happen to a bowl of ice and water kept at exactly zero degree Celsius?
(a) All ice will melt.
(b) All water will become ice.
(C) No change will happen.
(d) Only some ice melts.
Q5. Which one of the following non-metals shows allotropy in the liquid state?
Q6. Name the catalyst used in the conversion of milk into curd?
Q7. Which rays cause skin damage?
(a) X- Ray’s.
(b) UV Ray’s.
(c) Infrared Ray’s.
(d) yellow Ray’s.
Q8. The process of conversion of Sugar into Alcohol is known as?
Q9. Which of the following gas is coloured?
Q10. Which of the following is an example of gel?
(C) facial Cream.
(d) none of these.
Click here to attempt this Quiz on Adda247 App & get All India Rank (link to be updated)
• 2-3% of Gypsum is added to slow the process of setting of cement and thereby imparting greater strength to it.
• Cement is discovered by Joseph Aspdin in 1824.
• He named his cement Portland.
• Firewood is not a commercial source of energy.
• At 0 degree Celsius there will be no change in the Bowl of ice and water.
• A colloidal sol of sulphur is obtained by bubbling H2s had through the solution of bromine water,. Sulphur dioxide etc.
• Lactase enzyme works as catalyst in the conversion of milk into curd.
• Enzymes are known as Biocatalysts.
• UV Rays cause burning or tanning of skin.
• UV rays damage DNA of skin and cause cancer.
• The process of conversion of Sugar into Alcohol is known as Fermentation.
• Oxygen, nitrogen , and hydrogen are colourless gases.while, chlorine is a greenish yellow coloured gas.
• Cheese is an example of gel.
• Gelatin and gelly are examples of gel.
In the last month i.e. in May daily we will provide you with a test of the previous years’ question papers, this will increase your confidence of solving the real exam and will make you familiar with the real-time exam.
To Attempt the Quiz on APP with Timings & All India Rank, Download the app now, Click here